Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

This shot is taken from Autumn lane with 121 seaport on the right 101 on the left and the memorial park/pier 4/harbor in the middle. Behind the shot would be Harbor Square I believe its called in between the proposed Seaport Sq buildings. Also I believe someone mentioned that the wood being used is from the boat that was found in the foundation of 121 seaport.

C5.0.jpg

Today work began on demolishing the concrete center median along Seaport Blvd (!!!!!!!!!) - they're starting at Sleeper Street and working their way down. This is awesome!

Today work began on demolishing the concrete center median along Seaport Blvd (!!!!!!!!!) - they're starting at Sleeper Street and working their way down. This is awesome!

7drHiqr.gif

Seriously though, great news for urbanizing Seaport. I think it'll make a big difference now that there are lots of people out and about in the area.

i can't wait to see the Seaport in 5-6 years (and parts of Downtown too).

sigh.

What will take it's place?

I really hate trying to park inside of a bike lane. As if parallel parking in a busy area isn't challenging enough... Luckily this isn't among my go-to streets for parking in the city!

I really hate trying to park inside of a bike lane. As if parallel parking in a busy area isn't challenging enough... Luckily this isn't among my go-to streets for parking in the city!

All the more reason to have buffered bike lanes!

I'd much rather they got rid of the median altogether and added bike lanes instead...

...There are already bike lanes. Although some bicyclists still prefer to use the sidewalks and zoom past pedestrians since they can't be bothered to cross the street to use the corresponding bike lane for the direction that they are heading in. Others also seem to prefer to use the double yellow line in the middle of the road while there are bike lanes on either side, especially on the Seaport Blvd bridge because... reasons.

...There are already bike lanes. Although some bicyclists still prefer to use the sidewalks and zoom past pedestrians since they can't be bothered to cross the street to use the corresponding bike lane for the direction that they are heading in. Others also seem to prefer to use the double yellow line in the middle of the road while there are bike lanes on either side, especially on the Seaport Blvd bridge because... reasons.

No excuse for the sidewalk. I'd imagine the median riders are doing so because they want to turn left and are too nervous or stupid to ride between travel lanes.

As an aside, my #1 issue with bike share programs like HubWay is the number of damn fools who don't know how to ride a bike in the city insisting on doing so; riding the clumsy clunkers on sidewalks, or in traffic while not seeming to know what the rules are, or even how to competently break the rules. I see reckless cyclers on commuter bikes or road bikes, but they also clearly know what they're doing - kinda like many city drivers. The tourists and others are just ignorant of how reckless/lawless they're being.

No excuse for the sidewalk. I'd imagine the median riders are doing so because they want to turn left and are too nervous or stupid to ride between travel lanes.

As an aside, my #1 issue with bike share programs like HubWay is the number of damn fools who don't know how to ride a bike in the city insisting on doing so; riding the clumsy clunkers on sidewalks, or in traffic while not seeming to know what the rules are, or even how to competently break the rules. I see reckless cyclers on commuter bikes or road bikes, but they also clearly know what they're doing - kinda like many city drivers. The tourists and others are just ignorant of how reckless/lawless they're being.

Hah. Good level headed response to an overly anti biker post. Because they are right.
So many sh*thead bike riders out there who act like fools while the real bikers right next to them use the bike Lanes properly and obey street laws.

It's bothersome specifically as a bike ride who then rides the train the walks to work. I get to see the worst aspects of all of the non car drivers. It helps me empathize with drivers better, because my first 2 miles are by car in the winter and bike in summer.

I drive, bike, ride commuter rail , subway, and walk 4 miles a day. Keeps me balanced in my opinions.

Back