Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

Steps up from the crab and the children's museum, then will continue to step up into the Seaport Square full build. Sloping up from the waters edge is good remember.

Yup, I think it's a perfect height for this site. Keep the streetwall (waterwall?) on that side of the channel in the 50-70 foot range and let the taller stuff rise behind it.

It would be cool if this thing can have a rooftop bar or restaurant for summer time

Every building doesn't have to be gigantic to work.

That looks cool, but just the same, I think I'll continue to hang at the channel level Barking Crab.

People eat the food at the Barking Crab? I can see having a quick beer or two but I wouldn't eat the food there if it was free. I've had a few bad experiences there not to mention their countless run ins with the Department of Health.

Came across this (2 month old info):
http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/boston/1159-whats-up-at-the-seaport-part-1/

Tidbits:

The construction budget is being finalized for the $625M One Seaport Square (832 luxury apartments and 260k SF of retail) being developed by The Berkshire Gp, BGI, and WS Development. By June, construction is slated to start on One Seaport, a new chapel, and a park.

Last year, Norwich Partners started construction on the 136-key Envoy hotel (above). Skanska and Twining Properties broke ground on a 300-unit apartment building and Skanska started a 450k SF office where PwC will relo its Boston HQ. With the December sale of 1.1M SF to Berkshire for One Seaport, Morgan Stanley/BGI has sold 2.5M SF of its 6.3M SF. The priority for 2014, says John, is to sell or develop the remaining parcels (600k SF) in the Seaport Boulevard corridor. The focus for '15: the 3M SF of parcels south of Seaport Boulevard to Congress Street.

^Hell Yeah! I am so excited for One Seaport Sq. Even if it doesn't start until August, that is still great news!

"136-key" ....I've never heard of hotel rooms referred to as keys?

I've heard -bed, -key, and -room used before for hotels... but you're right, it's not as common to say #-key.

Key is pretty popular in development speak. It's strange, but it's the standard way to specify hotel use.

cj0.gif

I have actually overwhelmingly heard #keys for hotels.

Beds is typically the count for dorms.

Then Units for apts/condos.

Edit. - withoutlooking, I will guess it goes back to the old vacancy/no vacany standard.

All the keys get held up on a peg board, and you can count how many are available or in use, based on 'number of keys'.

I love that whenever things go off subject, people instantly start quoting Arrested Development or The Simpsons. It makes me think we could all be friends in real life.

Add "South Park", and you have the ArchBoston Off-Topic Reference Trifecta.

This may not be the right thread for this, not sure.

The Boston Redevelopment Authority O.K.'d the development of the so-called Parcel K, a bunch of parking lots, into 304 housing units, including micro-apartments, and an approximately 247-room hotel as well as office and retail space. [BRA]

Back