Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

That median strip is going to look cute when it is dead weeds with trash stuck in them for 75% of the year.
13098840425_aea7315130_o.jpg

The rendering on the last page looks very Waterside Place-ish, but a little better.

I was at Harpoon St. Patrick's Day Festival on Saturday and it is amazing how many people that event drew, easily quite a few thousand. Apparently that is commonplace for the various HarpoonFests throughout the year. Harpoon's events are a major boon for the South Boston Waterfront as well the SL1/SL2, judging by my bus ride in.

if land wasn't so scarce and expensive down by the Harpoon Brewery, I always thought that would be the perfect spot for several local breweries to set up operations and create a bit of a brewery district. Imagine if you could tour/taste 4-5 really good breweries all within a couple blocks of each other. Does anything like that exist anywhere? If it was quality beer, the tourists (and locals alike) would come in droves.

^ Off-topic but there's actually an emerging cluster of microbrews and tap rooms in the industrial parts of Everett and Chelsea. Haven't been myself but I've heard great things.

Nix the 20' median, make some amazing 10' wide cycle tracks, and you'd still have 10' left over that you could throw onto the narrower sidewalk.

Or keep the median but narrow the insanely wide sidewalk, give that width to the median and try to emulate the Comm Ave Mall. Otherwise that strip down the middle is a waste.

I've written to the BRA about this, and I would encourage you to as well... CC the Mayor's office.

I've written to the BRA about this, and I would encourage you to as well... CC the Mayor's office.

Could you help us out a bit, post the letter or the key points, so we can hit the same ones? And who did you send it to exactly?

Does anything like that exist anywhere? If it was quality beer, the tourists (and locals alike) would come in droves.

Portland East Bayside. Post-industrial site, presumably cheap rents (for now). It's nice. With the condos going up and the nearby Whole Foods, I can only imagine that it's going to get expensive and the breweries will have to shift elsewhere.

I don't think the Seaport is ever going to have cheap rents that support small breweries like that.

One thing I love about Portland is all the beer "tasting rooms". In downtown Portland they have bars basically dedicated to a brewery (even if the brewery isn't nearby). You can go there and try some new beers that the brewery is experimenting with. It's similar to the wine tasting rooms you find in downtown Sonoma, Healdsburg, etc.

To get the steel to the point they have now, do they just use their diggers to move the beams? Trying to figure out how they get stuff in place without a crane...

To get the steel to the point they have now, do they just use their diggers to move the beams? Trying to figure out how they get stuff in place without a crane...

I'm failry certain there was a mobile crane on site putting up that first round of steel. Not sure where it is for this pic, but the hotel is only supposed to be 6 stories (I believe) so it could easily be done with a mobile crane, and there's no need to pay for it to be on site if it's not needed.

Renders for the new chapel, on Seaport Square's Parcel H, will be introduced at the public BRA meeting today (3/25). The new structure "will not be a building that one will easily miss." Ready for Easter 2016, though the current structure will stand until then as well.

Re: Goodwin Procter HQ (Parcel I) @ Fan Pier | 90 - 110 Northern Ave | Seaport

From Saturday

Goodbye beautiful view

Back