Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

I am loving how fast the new Envoy Hotel is going up! the pre-fabricated floor panels certainly helps.

^ Whoa, I wish that was up when I did my walk yesterday! (well, Saturday by now)

13838821943_1eb0c8aa5a_b.jpg

13839112124_b82fec2f42_b.jpg

Envoy Hotel:

13839130384_6208019d2a_b.jpg

13838746625_aa97cb9bed_b.jpg

The difference in that view from last year to this year is incredible. It's really exciting to see everything start to fill in.

It looks like the Envoy will be a welcome relief from the otherwise monotonous height in that view. Thanks for the pictures, kz.

The current satellite view, in the lite (non-WebGL) version of the new Google maps dates from ~August 2013. They have the excavators present on the parking lot that is becoming the PwC building. Ariad's new buildings in Kendall can also date the images, by their partially constructed state.

That hotel will have some incredible views.

I'm surprised it's that short though. For some reason I thought it's going to be close to level with courthouse.

Wait- what. THAT'S IT? This is the great big Seaport Square development? Capped out barely any taller than a McMansion?

No wonder why it needed tax breaks to come to fruition.

You guys know what a boutique hotel is right?
You also knew it was only 7 or 8 storeys of hotel, which have ridiculously small floor to floor heights right?

But, look at how "tall" it makes the "stumps" look by comparison.

Steps up from the crab and the children's museum, then will continue to step up into the Seaport Square full build. Sloping up from the waters edge is good remember. Plus, the actual residences built beyond it up Seaport will still be able to see above it and have great downtown views.

At least its not the same height as everything else getting built there.

Back