Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

I'm sorry, but a door for the toilet is not an acceptable thing to take away, and a shower curtain does not block smell.

But there IS a sliding glass door there. The only thing that isn't clear is whether the door seals tight or not... the ceiling track makes it look like it doesn't fall flush with the shower wall, in which case yeah there's no stopping them butt fumes.

But there IS a sliding glass door there. The only thing that isn't clear is whether the door seals tight or not... the ceiling track makes it look like it doesn't fall flush with the shower wall, in which case yeah there's no stopping them butt fumes.

Yeah I saw the slider after I posted, but it doesn't look like it does much for any sort of... blockage. They need a disclaimer not to stay here if you plan on going out for a night of beer and tacos.

I'm sorry, but a door for the toilet is not an acceptable thing to take away, and a shower curtain does not block smell. Unless I was by myself, you couldn't pay me to stay there.

Otherwise, the decor is pretty cool. It kind of reminds me of a star trek set.

All the most expensive hotels in the Caribbean (and I think in parts of Asia) have toilets which are not protected for sound nor odor from the rest of the room. I was aghast as well at first, but apparently there are plenty of wealthy people for whom this is a non issue.

Aside from odor and sound, I stayed in a very expensive hotel in Hong Kong that had a gigantic glass window into the bathroom such that you could see another person on the toilet. Needless to say I quickly located the curtain for that window and lowered it, but I still cannot figure out why anyone would want it there.

All this is to say - apparently we are super up-tight about hotel bathrooms in the US, because everyone else seems to be pooing with an audience.

I've stayed at Yotel before and actually loved it. Compact rooms and the showers are actually very functional. But that being said, they are pretending their cutting corners as trendy and fashionable.

In a Hong Kong Hyatt where I stayed, there was a sliding wall between the sink and bedroom. When you slid it open, you could see the TV from the toilet. The TV was even on a swivel bracket so you could angle it in that direction. That was my best guess at to why you would open the bathroom wall.

So...

...rotating bed?

I always try to make myself as dizzy as possible before sleeping, but I've never found something better than just turning around and around. This looks promising as a replacement for that.

Very Citizen M. I stay in them whenever I can--I really enjoy the efficiency of the space.

yotelimage-1.jpg

Wouldn't this little glassy thing on the right be Parcel H, the Our Lady of Good Voyage chapel future site? I assume this render is not accurate when it comes to that, as we haven't seen renders for that parcel...

I snapped this one coming out of Del Frisco's earlier this week. I am blown away by the vibrancy of this area after work. All the restaurants were packed, people were walking on the streets and not just people with convention badges on, either. Granted it was a warm late spring evening, but it is completely different than when I lived up there.

14374973293_6567eb043b_c.jpg

I had dinner at Morton's the other day, and was also astonished by how many people were out and about when we left (around 9:30). Between the near crowd level pedestrian utilization, and all the active construction sites, the place was really quite lively.

I always try to make myself as dizzy as possible before sleeping, but I've never found something better than just turning around and around. This looks promising as a replacement for that.

There's some sort of weird chemical reaction that happens when you combine cat food, beer, and glue. It makes you feel, like, extremely sick and tired, and you're able to fall asleep!

There's some sort of weird chemical reaction that happens when you combine cat food, beer, and glue. It makes you feel, like, extremely sick and tired, and you're able to fall asleep!
Trust me I know my inhalants.

Morton's? Del Frisco? La di da fellas.
Living large. Here I am smugglin spaghetti into the movie theatre.....

A few shots from this weekend.

Watermark Seaport, now with rebar for the foundation mat:

Envoy Hotel:

Back