Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

It's like you can see the exact moment where the budget ran low.

99% of the time, Alucobond makes you think someone said "Well, we have to cover that wall with something."

I really hope the full streetscape improvements arrive as Seaport Square B, C, K, L1, and the park come on-line.

It's like you can see the exact moment where the budget ran low.

99% of the time, Alucobond makes you think someone said "Well, we have to cover that wall with something."

This statement is false.

cca

Remember that there are going to be two taller buildings directly behind it. It's the front that matters.
^^^The back will basically never be seen again except at eye-level from a window across the way. Plenty of great buildings from eras past have the blank brick wall on the back or just brick-and-windows facing an alley or narrow street.

I actually think the back turned out better than I had expected. The fact that they didn't try to minimize the joints in the alucabond is a plus. I hate when alucabond comes across as a plain, monolithic façade.

I really like the juxtaposition between this modern glass facade and the Barking Crab's wood exterior with the colorful tarps. I would definitely like this less if the Barking Crab did not exist.

Alucobond being cheap filler for buildings everywhere was not.

Composite Aluminum is not a cheap filler. It is a legitimate building cladding. There are many upsides. The fact that people get lazy with it is your gripe. The Treehouse project, universally loved at this point is 100% composite aluminum. Critique the designers for how they use it, but not the material. It is great for what it is, a durable rain screen cladding with many upsides. Someone who just paints their building with brick without being thoughtful about how they are using that material should be equally criticized.

cca

Not a bad video interview in which he predicts completion of his project by 2021 and the Seaport by 2025, but my big moment was at 1:35.

2vtcc2d.png

What in the heck is that? Based on the piers in the background, it looks like Northern Ave. going under there on the way to Seaport Blvd. Does that work with the park/memorial?

http://www.boston.com/sponsored/201...port-square/8SNoDIWvWheqn9CZji4YjL/video.html

Last pic looks like Kendall Square on the water----GREAT PICS-- bye the way

Well...yeah. That's just MA geography.

Seaport = Kendall-by-the-sea
Duxbury = Weston-by-the-sea
Lynn = Brockton-by-the-sea
Quincy = Malden-by-the-sea
New Bedford = Worcester-by-the-sea

Not a bad video interview in which he predicts completion of his project by 2021 and the Seaport by 2025, but my big moment was at 1:35.

2vtcc2d.png

What in the heck is that? Based on the piers in the background, it looks like Northern Ave. going under there on the way to Seaport Blvd. Does that work with the park/memorial?

http://www.boston.com/sponsored/201...port-square/8SNoDIWvWheqn9CZji4YjL/video.html

Oh my god. That would straight up MAKE the Seaport.

I think we're looking towards the east, with the low-rise building at the bottom being roughly where District Hall is. The only thing that doesn't make sense about that is that the park across the street is developed.

Really I don't care, this better happen, because it would be freaking awesome.

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer but the low rise at the center base of the rendering of that freaking fabulous building looks like the hotel now being built in front of the Barking Crab and the building on the lower left looks like it might be the Courthouse. Hopefully, I'm mistaken since this rendering doesn't jive with the huge double apartment building that's going up in that parcel.

Back