Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

The Equinox sales office had wood panels/finishing and was not silver this looks to be different?

Yes, this is the previous sales office for Benjamin/Via. The temp building for Equinox is being dismantled.

And the chapel is also in early stages of demo.

What are the economics of those temp offices? The Equinox one was pretty nice. Seems like a giant waste of money to build, hookup to utlities etc to rent gym memberships (which can be done online).

What are the economics of those temp offices? The Equinox one was pretty nice. Seems like a giant waste of money to build, hookup to utlities etc to rent gym memberships (which can be done online).

When you are charging almost $200 a month for membership, you can afford temporary membership offices for 6-12 months. People do not sign up for these kinds of gyms on their computers. For most gyms you are correct but this is not most gyms as Equinox is widely considered the most upscale gym in town if not the most expensive.

Coming from someone who has signed up for Equinox online, yes you can and a lot of people do. $200 is expensive but the average crossfit gym still costs more than this in the city.

Hallelujah!! Finally! But.. are you sure? There have various pieces of demo equipment sitting on that site for months.

Yup. I saw the guys up there on the roof ripping stuff out two days in a row last week!

It's the former Benjamin/Via (or Equinox) sales office. It was along Seaport Boulevard and it looks like it was just moved. I wonder if they will repurpose this as a sales office for another project in the Seaport (maybe Echelon or 88 Seaport??)
It was the Benjamin /Via sales office got pulled I think last Friday and slapped back together in the parking lot the equinox temp building is being pulled soon because the gym is now open.
W/S I am told owns that lot now and they might have a use for this but I don't believe it is silverline related as the tunnel goes well past there already

Yup. I saw the guys up there on the roof ripping stuff out two days in a row last week!

It does look like they are officially demolishing the old Our Lady of Good Voyage chapel.
GWRAhlul.jpg

It does look like they are officially demolishing the old Our Lady of Good Voyage chapel.

This is interesting given that I hadn't understood that Parcel D was all ready to go. I've seen the proposed design (and it's in the Seaport Square documents), but I didn't think that the BCDC had given them the go-ahead yet. Maybe they need the staging space?

The BCDC approved the design, check the Seaport Square BPDA document archive. They're not building on spec, so I don't believe construction is imminent.

Seaport Blvd is finally developing a real streetwall, and there are 5(!) buildings* left to be constructed.

*150, M1, D, G, F "retail pavilion"

I don't know what Boston's fetish with boxes/landscrapers. I understand why the office towers have to be mega blocks but I wish the residential/hotel towers looked more like those in Vancouver. Was on a trip there last week and was impressed with the fact that although they were mostly under 400 ft, they still seem somewhat tall because they were slimmer. Not to mention their varying heights gave it a nice look.

The FAA height limit along with maximizing square footage per parcel as rentable space is the cause. A box creates the most usable space to rent out. M parcels will change this, so will 150 seaport, 121 seaport isn't a box, neither is the pier 4 condo, MFA, Liberty Wharf.

Back