Somerville Infill and Small Developments

I don't know how Delaware North is going to let them get away with that name.

We have to reach a saturation point on dispensaries at some point, right? Every time I see a billboard or another place open up I think that there simply can't be that much demand to support all these places. Unless it's just my aversion to the stuff that I'm projecting on the rest of society.

None of the recreational dispensaries have secured the full approvals yet. I think it’s because the city’s rules require approving one empowerment proposal for each regular one.

I assume that, once the first few are up and running, most of the rest will fall by the wayside.

We have to reach a saturation point on dispensaries at some point, right? Every time I see a billboard or another place open up I think that there simply can't be that much demand to support all these places. Unless it's just my aversion to the stuff that I'm projecting on the rest of society.

Checking for locations on Google Maps, it looks like the town I live in right now has 9 liquor stores. On the other hand, there are 0 dispensaries, and 0 dispensaries in any of the immediately bordering towns. Certain locations may feel oversaturated but there's still large gaps in coverage. Middlesex County has pretty much nothing along Route 95, or Routes 93 and 3 North of the city. Could you imagine a cluster of ~20 towns not having a single liquor store?

I do think the ones in the far western part of the state will struggle with New York opening dispensaries of its own (and eventually New Jersey too).

Check out those pipes! Getting laid up and down Summer St.

1F1DB8DA-817C-438A-9409-987987A78005.jpeg

45C2456A-1C29-4345-BF17-3B3C9DB7F403.jpeg

Checking for locations on Google Maps, it looks like the town I live in right now has 9 liquor stores. On the other hand, there are 0 dispensaries, and 0 dispensaries in any of the immediately bordering towns. Certain locations may feel oversaturated but there's still large gaps in coverage. Middlesex County has pretty much nothing along Route 95, or Routes 93 and 3 North of the city. Could you imagine a cluster of ~20 towns not having a single liquor store?

I do think the ones in the far western part of the state will struggle with New York opening dispensaries of its own (and eventually New Jersey too).
Not the case. I was in the Berkshires last weekend and there are dispensaries everywhere. They have far more than eastern MA.

Anyone know what the Greek church on Central St is up to? I thought just some window replacements at first, but now the whole facade is cut back.

8F4D5F17-FD28-4998-A465-48043B578CE7.jpeg
8BA4828C-6702-47FA-B5AE-9A156DD2E3C5.jpeg
C9FF61F8-9870-4B54-B39F-857FCE3B55CA.jpeg

Not the case. I was in the Berkshires last weekend and there are dispensaries everywhere. They have far more than eastern MA.
So many that CT just passed a law banning out of state dispensaries from advertising in CT on highway billboards.

I noticed that as well. A couple of weeks ago, my wife, our younger son and I took a drive up to Greenfield and then to Heath, MA (where my dad was from), and we noticed dispensary billboards along Route 2.

Anyone know what the Greek church on Central St is up to? I thought just some window replacements at first, but now the whole facade is cut back.

There was a small fire in the building last September which lead to a lot of smoke damage and the sprinkler system flooding the basement. I’m assuming they’re repairing that and doing a bit of modernization. I haven’t seen any plans or renderings though.

Back