South Station Tower | South Station Air Rights | Downtown

Re: South Station Tower - Full Steam Ahead!

I wouldn't be opposed.

$10... dude I'm in!

I'll do 5k.

send me a private message with contact info and I'll forward you agreement.

call his buff!!

I will not say what I would in private conversation other than that you're full of shit. If this was as much of a no go as you claim you would be begging for twenty, not wimpering, well, I can do five. Besides, I don't conduct business with people I don't know, never mind those I cannot trust.

I will not say what I would in private conversation other than that you're full of shit. If this was as much of a no go as you claim you would be begging for twenty, not wimpering, well, I can do five. Besides, I don't conduct business with people I don't know, never mind those I cannot trust.

since when was this "conducting business?" I can smell your fear through my laptop.

Do we need a new section for betting on whether or not certain buildings get built?

Could give us something to do during the recession...

From the Tufts Annual Financial Report (Sept. 26, 2007)

In October 2005, the Boston Redevelopment Authority (?BRA?), TUDC and Hines executed a revised letter of intent for the development of the project. Effective April 30, 2007, an amended and restated loan agreement was executed by TUDC and the MBTA, combining the original $10,000,000 principal and accrued interest of $7,400,000 into a new $17,400,000 note, which remains nonrecourse to the University. At the same time, TUDC formalized agreements by and among Hines, the BRA and the MBTA, conveying the rights for and setting forth the terms of the project?s development. The accounts of TUDC are included in the accompanying consolidated financial statements of the University in investments, accounts payable and accrued expenses, and operating expenses

In October 2005, the Boston Redevelopment Authority (?BRA?), TUDC and Hines executed a revised letter of intent for the development of the project. Effective April 30, 2007, an amended and restated loan agreement was executed by TUDC and the MBTA, combining the original $10,000,000 principal and accrued interest of $7,400,000 into a new $17,400,000 note, which remains nonrecourse to the University. At the same time, TUDC formalized agreements by and among Hines, the BRA and the MBTA, conveying the rights for and setting forth the terms of the project?s development. The accounts of TUDC are included in the accompanying consolidated financial statements of the University in investments, accounts payable and accrued expenses, and operating expenses

On August 10, 2007, TUDC and Hines entered into an Asset Purchase Agreement setting forth provisions for the sale of TUDC?s interest in the South Station air rights project to Hines. According to this agreement, Hines would acquire all of TUDC?s rights and assets related to the project upon the earlier of initial funding by an third party investor or December 31, 2007. The agreement also sets forth the rights and obligations of TUDC and Hines as co-developers should the asset purchase agreement not close by December 31, 2007.
Bolding mine.
http://finance.tufts.edu/budgetacc/pdfs/2006-2007_Audited_Financial_Statements.pdf

This seems to be factually inconsistent with the story in the Tufts student newspaper.

I'll do 5k.

send me a private message with contact info and I'll forward you agreement.

Hey hey public gambling is illegal in MA isn't it?

Anyways it doesn't matter. As long as it gets built, I'm happy.

Put me in for $0.01

MR KMP1284,

NOW WE KNOW WHOM IS REALLY "small time "

I know for a fact that the construction drawings are already made up and ready to be sent out. It's just a matter of building it... :)

It would be nice to see some new renders of this tower. I emailed to someone at Hines and asked them if they had others. Sadly, no, but hopefully we'll see some soon.

I know for a fact that the construction drawings are already made up and ready to be sent out. It's just a matter of building it... :)

Riverworks, are you at liberty to divulge how you learned this?

highly doubtful unless they have a lead tenant which is even more unlikely

time will tell

Riverworks, are you at liberty to divulge how you learned this?

Sorry Briv ... Unfortunately I cannot. But rest assured I speak the truth. Both the tower and the transportation center are completed. My guess is that they will reveal more information in a month or so. I'm sure the real estate slump and "recession" aren't helping things either. Too many work hours would be lost if the project were to just be "scrapped".

the work will not be scrapped but put on hold. I have been told by top authority that this project will not proceed, in short term (within a year), without lead tenant. Speculative construction financing of this size is currently not available.

Sorry Briv ... Unfortunately I cannot. But rest assured I speak the truth. Both the tower and the transportation center are completed. My guess is that they will reveal more information in a month or so. I'm sure the real estate slump and "recession" aren't helping things either. Too many work hours would be lost if the project were to just be "scrapped".

Doh!

Riverworks, have you by any chance seen the drawings? Pelli's site lists James Carpenter Designs as a collaborator for this project. That firm is known for their monumental, glass-enclosed spaces. I'm wondering if they have something along those lines planned for the transportation center.

Here's a shot of the original waiting room

interior.jpg

south-station.net

Another view of the waiting room circa 1900 to compare with....

trainpic1-1.jpg

The truncated waiting room today. The floor and ceiling are the same. The space is not as long. My back was to the wall when I took this shot.

L1060954.jpg

Back