State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

kz1000ps

Reaction score
Driving in to the Gov't Center garage because I am now a suburbanite

I did a full walk of the Greenway on what was an insanely lovely day today. Those pics will be coming but for now I ended up snapping a bunch of this one

DZH22

Reaction score

chrisbrat

Reaction score
Way too early to criticize - and I'm not criticizing - but I just recall, as the first bits of cladding/glass began to go up on 1 Dalton thinking, "Wow, that glass looks really high quality and expensive." So far I'm... not getting a similar first impression from this building's glass curtainwall.

DZH22

Reaction score
4/26 from Arlington

IMG_8273 by David Z, on Flickr

It will be interesting to see whether or not the fin eclipses 1 Boston Place from this angle. The FAA documents list it as the exact same height but the measurements remain unclear. 1 Boston Place has always been the most dominant building downtown from the North/Northwest.

IMG_8286 by David Z, on Flickr

TC_zoid

Reaction score
If this building was to be another ten or so stories higher, it would have been a beautiful beast from this vantage point.

fattony

Reaction score
A little bit off topic but also related to the architecture in this transforming square - how much longer until the flatiron lot across the street is up for redevelopment? That would complete this area.
You mean the parking lot with CuppaCoffee?

Smartiro

Reaction score
Walked by the other day. Did they stop demolishing the garage?
I thought it was supposed to come down as this tower goes up...

Massachoicetts

Reaction score
Walked by the other day. Did they stop demolishing the garage?
I thought it was supposed to come down as this tower goes up...
Is going in increments, but the entirety of the garage won't be gone as part will be assimilated with the next phase.

This project looks like its renders. The rendering of the garage mashed in with the rest of the project looked fantastic. I have a good feeling about it.

DZH22

Reaction score
That has to be my least liked tower maybe ever. Maybe itll grow on me, but I feel like Austin is ruining their skyline.
Austin is building a new tower taller than the Hancock, which will be on the short list for worst tower in the country over 800'!