State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

51137616440_ff76b353b3_b.jpg
This is an amazing shot!

4/26 from Arlington

IMG_8273 by David Z, on Flickr

It will be interesting to see whether or not the fin eclipses 1 Boston Place from this angle. The FAA documents list it as the exact same height but the measurements remain unclear. 1 Boston Place has always been the most dominant building downtown from the North/Northwest.

IMG_8286 by David Z, on Flickr

If this building was to be another ten or so stories higher, it would have been a beautiful beast from this vantage point.

A little bit off topic but also related to the architecture in this transforming square - how much longer until the flatiron lot across the street is up for redevelopment? That would complete this area.
You mean the parking lot with CuppaCoffee?

Walked by the other day. Did they stop demolishing the garage?
I thought it was supposed to come down as this tower goes up...

Walked by the other day. Did they stop demolishing the garage?
I thought it was supposed to come down as this tower goes up...

Is going in increments, but the entirety of the garage won't be gone as part will be assimilated with the next phase.

This project looks like its renders. The rendering of the garage mashed in with the rest of the project looked fantastic. I have a good feeling about it.

That has to be my least liked tower maybe ever. Maybe itll grow on me, but I feel like Austin is ruining their skyline.

Austin is building a new tower taller than the Hancock, which will be on the short list for worst tower in the country over 800'!

Austin is building a new tower taller than the Hancock, which will be on the short list for worst tower in the country over 800'!

"A downtown Austin original."

6th and guadalupe looks fine imo. Yea its generic but it isnt painful on the eyes like block 185. (6th and guadalupes above ground parking garage base is hideous though). Block 185 I think should have adjusted its aspect ratio a bit, the curves accentuate its fatness and more verticality would have done the design wonders. The base block shouldnt stick out so far past the top, this would have really made the design work imo.

Back