State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

This pic -- from 2018 and posted on this site -- seems to line up perfectly with what we're getting. But, hey -- whatever. Get upset about the mechanical ph if if makes you happy. This is a great addition to the skyline.
Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 4.02.49 PM.png

^Well, the render pics in Gunner's post (#1525) that show the smooth/round glass mech penthouse (which I too remember from a couple years ago) also show a very tall, very thin fin with zero structural support. So we knew that wasn't the real design yet anyway!

I actually don't think this was an issue of VE. Rather, I think this was just a natural progression of architects' (admittedly cool) concepts intersecting with more detailed structural engineering/design. Since the crossbracing protrudes to the penthouse wall and then anchors to the core, I am guessing it was way more feasible to make that happen if the penthouse was faceted rather than perfectly round.

Last edited:
This pic -- from 2018 and posted on this site -- seems to line up perfectly with what we're getting. But, hey -- whatever. Get upset about the mechanical ph if if makes you happy. This is a great addition to the skyline.View attachment 17882

No one's getting upset. Just wanted to clarify
your obvious hyperbole by saying you're wrong in that it was not the render shown everywhere from 'the jump.' The next picture you just posted again doesn't show it being anything but round.

It's also fine if I don't like the look of the tacky ph. Love the building as I've always made the case of and it's impact on the skyline. I'm positive you must like everything built on here then. Relax.

Last edited:
If the floor height was to the stop of the building so what an extra 100ft about? I think this would have been phenomenal of a cluster with the Sudbury and future high rises.

Had our current office market existed when this was in development, you would be looking at 121 Seaport above the garage instead. I think we're fortunate here.

You don't even need to go that far - HYM has shifted to lab space in this very development. We're lucky any part of this development exceeded 200' in height. It wouldn't have today.

This could be Boston's most unusual office tower, but at the same time, it's very unique & pretty!! :)

Back