State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

rjacobs

Reaction score
Thanks to awood91's recent proposal link on the East Parcel thread, we have what might very well be the answer that many of us were looking for: the height to the top of the fin: 611'! [This is from the early August presentation]. Looks about right, I think?

1633999556672.png

AndrewOnTheMBTA

Reaction score
Thanks to awood91's recent proposal link on the East Parcel thread, we have what might very well be the answer that many of us were looking for: the height to the top of the fin: 611'! [This is from the early August presentation]. Looks about right, I think?

View attachment 17626
I was hanging on the roof of Avalon where my friend lives and you can clearly see with all of the new buildings by the Garden, and with the above diagram that State Street is going all in on their treasured, unobstructed best view of the harbor that they originally had at 225 Franklin. This is a type of "dominance" in corporate tower building olympics in cities, right? Verizon has great views but I don't think anything beats the all-around view from this.

Side note: post-covid - does anyone see a competing luxury office tower trying to outdo State Street/One Congress? In terms of Sq footage I can't think of another company needing that much space - not even Amszon or Wayfair.

DZH22

Reaction score

DZH22

Reaction score

Patrick Winn

Reaction score
10/10 Part 1 of 3. Some looks at the top. It's going to be slightly more robust than this and I'm not 100% sure it's fully T/O, but it's certainly within a couple of feet if it isn't. Click in to view larger.

IMG_4712 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4716 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4733 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4734 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4744 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4792 by David Z, on Flickr
Nice pics, and yeah I think you're right that its fully topped out or within a foot or so. The reason being if you trace the bend up the left side it meets nicely with the top of the fin as is.

guitarguynboston

Reaction score
It looks like the far left part of the red crane in the 4th pic in the part 1 series shows close to where the peak will be about.

DZH22

Reaction score
10/10 Part 3 of 3. Sorry it's hard to keep making cuts when I realize I have about 60 viable pictures of the same building from the same day. Plenty of good pics aren't being posted here.... Click in to view larger.

IMG_4701 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4708 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4711 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4713 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4715 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4728 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4740 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4770 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4778 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4791 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4798 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4808 by David Z, on Flickr

393b40

Reaction score
The glass on this thing reflects beautifully under a number of sunlight conditions.

Gunner02

Reaction score
Do we know what the lighting is going to be like at night? Obviously, renders show an exaggeration or accentuation most the time but it's hard to tell. It looks like it glows near the wrapping.

chrisbrat

Reaction score
Do we know what the lighting is going to be like at night? Obviously, renders show an exaggeration or accentuation most the time but it's hard to tell. It looks like it glows near the wrapping.
Someone (maybe you?) asked that a year or so back. Based on the initial renders -- which absolutely *did*, in nighttime renders, show a clear lighting scheme up the middle/inside the "pleats" -- I confidently replied that, yes, it will be lit up at night. All the recent nighttime renders suggest the opposite, though. Smart money -- particularly given the town we're talking about -- is that this one will be another dark expanse on the nighttime skyline, just like virtually all of em.
Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 5.49.32 PM.png

Patrick Winn

Reaction score
Someone (maybe you?) asked that a year or so back. Based on the initial renders -- which absolutely *did*, in nighttime renders, show a clear lighting scheme up the middle/inside the "pleats" -- I confidently replied that, yes, it will be lit up at night. All the recent nighttime renders suggest the opposite, though. Smart money -- particularly given the town we're talking about -- is that this one will be another dark expanse on the nighttime skyline, just like virtually all of em.View attachment 17825
I hope not. The trend is toward LED displays. Assembly row has it nailed, and I noticed there's a changing LED display at the top of Hub on Causeway. I bet the lighting on this thing will be cool.