State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

10/10 Part 1 of 3. Some looks at the top. It's going to be slightly more robust than this and I'm not 100% sure it's fully T/O, but it's certainly within a couple of feet if it isn't. Click in to view larger.

IMG_4712 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4716 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4733 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4734 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4744 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4792 by David Z, on Flickr
Nice pics, and yeah I think you're right that its fully topped out or within a foot or so. The reason being if you trace the bend up the left side it meets nicely with the top of the fin as is.

It looks like the far left part of the red crane in the 4th pic in the part 1 series shows close to where the peak will be about.

10/10 Part 3 of 3. Sorry it's hard to keep making cuts when I realize I have about 60 viable pictures of the same building from the same day. Plenty of good pics aren't being posted here.... Click in to view larger.

IMG_4701 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4708 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4711 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4713 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4715 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4728 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4740 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4770 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4778 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4791 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4798 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4808 by David Z, on Flickr

The glass on this thing reflects beautifully under a number of sunlight conditions.

It appears that the peak of the fin is topped out. Now they have to add the bracing to the left of it that goes diagonally from the peak to the base of the roof to meet up with the swoop of the facade.
One-Congress-rendering.jpg

FB281AFA-67C8-44C8-837F-FA3EDF90C518.jpeg

IMG_4715 by David Z, on Flickr
IMG_4740 by David Z, on Flickr

Last edited:
Do we know what the lighting is going to be like at night? Obviously, renders show an exaggeration or accentuation most the time but it's hard to tell. It looks like it glows near the wrapping.

Do we know what the lighting is going to be like at night? Obviously, renders show an exaggeration or accentuation most the time but it's hard to tell. It looks like it glows near the wrapping.

Someone (maybe you?) asked that a year or so back. Based on the initial renders -- which absolutely *did*, in nighttime renders, show a clear lighting scheme up the middle/inside the "pleats" -- I confidently replied that, yes, it will be lit up at night. All the recent nighttime renders suggest the opposite, though. Smart money -- particularly given the town we're talking about -- is that this one will be another dark expanse on the nighttime skyline, just like virtually all of em.
Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 5.49.32 PM.png

Someone (maybe you?) asked that a year or so back. Based on the initial renders -- which absolutely *did*, in nighttime renders, show a clear lighting scheme up the middle/inside the "pleats" -- I confidently replied that, yes, it will be lit up at night. All the recent nighttime renders suggest the opposite, though. Smart money -- particularly given the town we're talking about -- is that this one will be another dark expanse on the nighttime skyline, just like virtually all of em.View attachment 17825
I hope not. The trend is toward LED displays. Assembly row has it nailed, and I noticed there's a changing LED display at the top of Hub on Causeway. I bet the lighting on this thing will be cool.

This building is looking way better than I ever imagined it would. Glad that the glass is somewhat less fishbowl-y than buildings like 121 Seaport.

This building is looking way better than I ever imagined it would. Glad that the glass is somewhat less fishbowl-y than buildings like 121 Seaport.

I'm reserving judgment but I'm worried about the crown part after seeing the construction video and the screen shot of the all white, non-round finished product. The framing already built is looking to be exactly that. Not a fan.
74BF690A-B4A5-4FFA-AF27-B525F6E1DD20.jpeg

i don't mind at all that the mech penthouse may/will look like that. it's been the same in every render since jump - i don't get how anyone is suddenly concerned or confused about it. it's fine.

i don't mind at all that the mech penthouse may/will look like that. it's been the same in every render since jump - i don't get how anyone is suddenly concerned or confused about it. it's fine.

That's actually not totally correct. Most renders and plans, initial and of not all that long ago, show perfectly round mech cover. Mostly all are not edged and white, and further many renders show glass.

Carr's website which is new and the updated One Congress website hardly show that the white, icosagon, mech roof is the most prevalent render out there. These pictures are on the current website and were found immediately, whereas that 64-bit construction video is primarily the only place I've seen what you say was from 'the jump.'

4F4682A6-4DF9-42C2-B8D8-0D0BFA26047A.jpeg
6DBEBA3D-BD96-4EA8-B33F-43A478F7CF47.jpeg
419ADA04-DE3F-4AA9-895F-E1BA73216A33.jpeg
621C1117-859A-4126-83BC-4B721B4D6797.jpeg

Last edited:

Back