State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

Patrick Winn

Reaction score
I really hope they don't skimp on the mechanical penthouse materials. It could easily deter from the rest of the design if some cheap, poorly painted aluminum is put up.
Will mostly be covered by the glass fins.

stick n move

Reaction score
When you look at renders that are honest about the mechanicals situation on the roof Im not so sure:
74BF690A-B4A5-4FFA-AF27-B525F6E1DD20.jpeg

Most renders purposely left out the circular screen on the roof. You can see the top of the concrete core but the metal screen is literally left out or made invisible

The top render matches the steel that is already going up on the roof. Hopefully it doesnt stick out too much and we dont have another millennium tower situation, but its not gonna be invisible or blocked completely by any means.

Last edited:

stick n move

Reaction score
This shot in particular shows just how much of the inner mech screen is visible, especially in the rear. Hopefully its not tooo noticeable, maybe by making it a darker color or something.

The construction video shows it as white though.
CFFBB229-C25D-4F35-9C3F-D1217F088650.jpeg

Im going to hold off on judging it until I see it, but its definitely going to be a noticeable part of the roof.

Last edited:

johnboy008

Reaction score
I have yet to see a picture that shows 100 ft difference between these two garage behemoths. To the naked eye, it doesn’t seem the 600 and 500 ft heights are accurate for each?

DZH22

Reaction score
I have yet to see a picture that shows 100 ft difference between these two garage behemoths. To the naked eye, it doesn’t seem the 600 and 500 ft heights are accurate for each?
Sudbury is somewhere in the 530's. State Street is minimum 601' but might end up a little bit higher, depending on the tip of the swoop. Overall there's definitely less than 100' separating them no matter what, but we still need them to finish off the fin for State Street's final height.

johnboy008

Reaction score
Thanks DZ, I guess I shouldn’t spend so much time on Wikipedia. Boredom seems to lead to my inaccurate figures.

theSil

Reaction score
Hey keep trying to get it to catch on and maybe you’ll have invented the next Boston area nickname a la the salt and pepper shaker bridge.

Jahvon09

Reaction score
It DOES have the shape of a Head & Shoulders shampoo container. Hah!! :giggle:

Last edited:

Beantropolis

Reaction score
While coming into the city from the north this building looks incredibly wide. It's like Boston's glassy version of the MetLife Building.