State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

20211002_181937.jpg
20211002_181857.jpg
20211002_181729.jpg

Yesterday from East Boston

This shot in particular shows just how much of the inner mech screen is visible, especially in the rear. Hopefully its not tooo noticeable, maybe by making it a darker color or something.

The construction video shows it as white though.
CFFBB229-C25D-4F35-9C3F-D1217F088650.jpeg

Im going to hold off on judging it until I see it, but its definitely going to be a noticeable part of the roof.

Last edited:
I have yet to see a picture that shows 100 ft difference between these two garage behemoths. To the naked eye, it doesn’t seem the 600 and 500 ft heights are accurate for each?

I have yet to see a picture that shows 100 ft difference between these two garage behemoths. To the naked eye, it doesn’t seem the 600 and 500 ft heights are accurate for each?

Sudbury is somewhere in the 530's. State Street is minimum 601' but might end up a little bit higher, depending on the tip of the swoop. Overall there's definitely less than 100' separating them no matter what, but we still need them to finish off the fin for State Street's final height.

Thanks DZ, I guess I shouldn’t spend so much time on Wikipedia. Boredom seems to lead to my inaccurate figures.

Hey keep trying to get it to catch on and maybe you’ll have invented the next Boston area nickname a la the salt and pepper shaker bridge.

It DOES have the shape of a Head & Shoulders shampoo container. Hah!! :giggle:

Last edited:
While coming into the city from the north this building looks incredibly wide. It's like Boston's glassy version of the MetLife Building.

Sudbury is somewhere in the 530's. State Street is minimum 601' but might end up a little bit higher, depending on the tip of the swoop. Overall there's definitely less than 100' separating them no matter what, but we still need them to finish off the fin for State Street's final height.

Seeing the trajectory of the framing up close on the high fin side, it appears to be significant. As in what many renders show. It looks to be at least 100' over Sudbury.

if anyone remembers, early numbers on the height used to be 648' but I haven't seen that in a long time.

We'll see but it does look pretty steep on the west side of the tower..

Back