State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

is this one closer to going vert than i had previously thought?

Ran by this site the other day... the pictures really don't do justice to how gigantic the core is

This is a very wiiiiidde building, too. The nice renders often include the thinner side, few show the sheer width of this thing.

I don't want to hunt for this in past threads but is most of the garage staying intact? I seem to recall rendering that didn't show the garage at all when the project is finally completed. The rendering may have been misleading.

I don't want to hunt for this in past threads but is most of the garage staying intact? I seem to recall rendering that didn't show the garage at all when the project is finally completed. The rendering may have been misleading.

I'm fairly certain the garage is staying in tact between Congress Street and Bowker Street, and the portion over Congress and the bus stop at Haymarket is coming down. The final phases of this project will "encase" most of the remaining garage in apartments/condos/offices. With time it will be rather difficult to figure out a large parking garage exists here.

I think the 647' is above sea level and it's really a bit shorter than that. But it's impossible to tell with what we are presented with in this city. I mean, we still don't technically know if 1 Dalton is taller or shorter than the Prudential. It's drives me up the bleeping wall!

I'm fairly certain the garage is staying in tact between Congress Street and Bowker Street, and the portion over Congress and the bus stop at Haymarket is coming down. The final phases of this project will "encase" most of the remaining garage in apartments/condos/offices. With time it will be rather difficult to figure out a large parking garage exists here.

Everything in that picture that still has the office block above it is coming down completely. What remains will be encased in buildings.

IMG_1542 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
[/QUOTE]

This last photo from Beeline shows new steel rising above the garage, comparing this shot to May photos that only show the vertical steel columns. A floor plate looks to be in-process on the south side of those steel columns, and looking at the published docs on this tower, that seems to make sense given that the building's footprint does occupy this volume of the garage.

Interesting/ odd sequencing as the core is entering floor 3, while steel on the south side would be somewhere in the neighborhood of floor 10/11.

...What remains will be encased in buildings...

Correct: and the portion of the top floor of the old garage not dedicated to part of One Congress' superstructure will be an outdoor courtyard serving the tower (not shared by The Sudbury, although a small portion on the West Parcel (nearest the police HQ)) will contain a utility/storage headhouse and a sweet dog run!

To wit:
Se6kbTsh.jpg

^Two level structure visible from street // ^Metal grating reveals (gross) footprint of the courtyard

* Shot from floor nine: amenity deck

Back