State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

* Shot from floor 32:

LKp2puGh.jpg

^^ How much longer before a developer announces the '1 Friend Flatiron'? Would actually be a sick address/spot for a Facebook east-coast HQ.
(Side question/bet: will it be Millennium, HYM, Samuels, Boston Properties, or 'other'?)

^^ How much longer before a developer announces the '1 Friend Flatiron'? Would actually be a sick address/spot for a Facebook east-coast HQ.
(Side question/bet: will it be Millennium, HYM, Samuels, Boston Properties, or 'other'?)
Not to get too carried away, but I think with a core, you can really only do residential there, unless maybe you get some kind of engineering solution a la Leadenhall Building in London where the structural, utility, and conveyance "core" was built on the wide end of the triangle.

Not to get too carried away, but I think with a core, you can really only do residential there, unless maybe you get some kind of engineering solution a la Leadenhall Building in London where the structural, utility, and conveyance "core" was built on the wide end of the triangle.

Yes, while observing the parking/Cuppa Coffee site from on high, I realized just how much space even the shipping and receiving section of a moderate height building would demand.

The Steinway Tower proved that you *can* build tall, and thin, on a micro lot (granted, with some cantilevering in play), but the area's density likely wouldn't support it. And I think this lot is a bit smaller.

I agree. That triangular lots does kind of stand out like a flashing neon sign in those pics, doesn't it? (Particularly to block that stupid blank fukking walled building behind it from being viewed by humanity - what an incredible aesthetic upgrade that would be).

The problem is its a severely height restricted lot due to bulfinch triangle, but I get the feeling once the garage office tower is completed directly across the street they may be able to get an exception.

Are there two threads for this? Or am I confusing two buildings/ same site/project?
FA6775BA-A05F-44DE-B42D-6FD504CB7BC3.png

Yep aside from the office and res tower with their own threads theres the soon to be garage demo, the garage re-facade, garage ground floor retail, a 2nd res tower with no thread yet, plus the boutique office space across the street in the old overhang footprint, new bus stop, new courtyard, new retail... etc. All of these things fall into the main thread right now.

Yep aside from the office and res tower with their own threads theres the soon to be garage demo, the garage re-facade, garage ground floor retail, a 2nd res tower with no thread yet, plus the boutique office space across the street in the old overhang footprint, new bus stop, new courtyard, new retail... etc. All of these things fall into the main thread right now.

It seems odd to a casual observer (me) that the core is going up before the garage is razed.

The garage next to the building isn't being raised that is why they started the core already. The only part of the garage being fully demolished is the section above Congress St. and the on the far side of Congress St. from the State Street Building and Sudbury. The part of the garage surrounded by the Sudbury and the State Street building is going to be re-clad but is not being demolished.

It seems odd to a casual observer (me) that the core is going up before the garage is razed.

Check out my previous post (483): image and discussion about what will be between the two tallest towers.

Back