State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

Looks like they are working on level 8. This thing should be rising wicked fast now.
0995CD15-B732-4018-A76F-3B664998B071.jpeg

I'll try to grab a pic tomorrow AM (won't catch the light today), but the core is now visible from the waterfront (Piers Park, Portside areas) in Eastie. The last jump seems to have put it just above the surrounding buildings.

This post has floor plate schematics: https://archboston.com/community/th...nch-crossing-west-end.5753/page-9#post-345962

The core doesn't look too oversized in those drawings. Might be a bit misleading on this first section, where some of the building is lost in the remaining garage.

It also looks like it gets slightly less wide above the garage level. It appears a set of elevators get capped, and the core closes in a little. It still looks pretty large, and the size of this core isn't easing my uneasy anticipation about how wide this side of the building is going to appear from the North. I'm a huge fan of the Harbor view, but this thing is a monster looking from Charlestown/Everett, etc.

Why would they be up to the fifth floor on the east half of the structure and pause after the first floor on the west half? I don’t think I’ve seen that before.

Why would they be up to the fifth floor on the east half of the structure and pause after the first floor on the west half? I don’t think I’ve seen that before.

Maybe that's why Zach is a little angry.. I'm going to guess something may be wrong with a footing perhaps? Otherwise, it's a very strange process..

Back