Stillings Garage Expansion | 22 Boston Wharf Rd | Fort Point

22 Boston Wharf Road

22-boston-wharf-rd-01-2016.jpg

22-boston-wharf-rd-02-2016.jpg

31454536290_be4d24fd55_b.jpg

31710942081_c09385eccc_b.jpg

Some background from the EPNF:

1.4.3 Detailed Project Description

The Project consists of the following: (1) a two-story vertical expansion of the existing
building, with each new story containing approximately 28,000 square feet of office space;
and (2) the conversion of 3,000 square feet of existing ground floor space currently used as
a management office and parking to retail. The Project will also add windows to the
existing office floors on the side of the building facing Q Park, and will add an additional
window on the same side of the building in the larger of the two proposed retail spaces;
these windows will serve to animate Q Park and improve the public realm. In addition, the
Project includes a 1,000-square-foot rooftop mechanical penthouse and the addition of a
new pedestrian entry to the parking garage from Boston Wharf Road. Existing egress stairs
and elevators will be extended to provide access to the new levels.

correct, I believe the genericized Fort Point thread. but since this project has started, I figured it could have a thread unto itself for photos

Agreed. I hate catch-all neighborhood threads for anything other than small infill because it's impossible to find individual project photos & updates.

Thank you for splitting it out.

Cries out for a mural contest on that wall that now abuts the park. Or a permanent art installation.

They going to add windows to the blank wall? Someone get 45 province on the phone.

^ Can we not get updates on this? This is the only thing more disastrous than the back of the Yotel in this neck of the woods.

By the way, I'm just kidding about the updates. I still really hate it.

I love how this can essentially shut down traffic to the road for an extended period of time. Its a disaster over there. No police detail, just a sign for local traffic only and cars trying to squeeze by in one lane.

I love how this can essentially shut down traffic to the road for an extended period of time. Its a disaster over there. No police detail, just a sign for local traffic only and cars trying to squeeze by in one lane.

They shouldn't be able to do that. I report crews whenever I see them blocking traffic without a detail. Just call 911 and when they say "what's your emergency?" state "This is a non-emergency call." They'll switch you over to dispatch where you can explain where the missing detail is.

Back