The Alcott (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

Patrick Winn

Reaction score
Totally agree. Should really change the feel of the West end. But one Congress looks like it’s going to be amazing. I don’t understand how they can start construction on one Congress without demolishing Government Center garage behind it, but I can tell they’re building up already.

DZH22

Reaction score
Totally agree. Should really change the feel of the West end. But one Congress looks like it’s going to be amazing. I don’t understand how they can start construction on one Congress without demolishing Government Center garage behind it, but I can tell they’re building up already.
They're not demolishing the entire garage. 1 Congress is literally being built into and over part of the existing garage, which will serve as parking for the tower.

Patrick Winn

Reaction score
They're not demolishing the entire garage. 1 Congress is literally being built into and over part of the existing garage, which will serve as parking for the tower.
Interesting! Thanks for the reply. I’m all for it as long as that concrete monstrosity is hidden. I also hear they’re going to demolish the portion of the garage that goes over Congress Street to get some sunlight in there. I hope that’s true