The Alcott (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

50249434423_e5f5b1cf91_b.jpg

50250276042_d64c749e5f_b.jpg

50250078196_6464d8874d_b.jpg

50250077771_13b2bff693_b.jpg

50249433193_9f424456c9_b.jpg

Totally agree. Should really change the feel of the West end. But one Congress looks like it’s going to be amazing. I don’t understand how they can start construction on one Congress without demolishing Government Center garage behind it, but I can tell they’re building up already.

Totally agree. Should really change the feel of the West end. But one Congress looks like it’s going to be amazing. I don’t understand how they can start construction on one Congress without demolishing Government Center garage behind it, but I can tell they’re building up already.

They're not demolishing the entire garage. 1 Congress is literally being built into and over part of the existing garage, which will serve as parking for the tower.

They're not demolishing the entire garage. 1 Congress is literally being built into and over part of the existing garage, which will serve as parking for the tower.
Interesting! Thanks for the reply. I’m all for it as long as that concrete monstrosity is hidden. I also hear they’re going to demolish the portion of the garage that goes over Congress Street to get some sunlight in there. I hope that’s true

Agreed, although not in the west end.
Well, the post I was reacting to singled The Alcott out as being possibly the nicest in the West End -- except for One Congress. If One Congress is in the West End, then so is the Sudbury.

Back