The Alcott (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

Re: Longfellow Place (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

At 44 Floors this 469 unit property will be Boston's tallest apartment tower, the fantastic views and located in exciting and growing Boston neighborhood. As I said, we expect to begin demolition of a garage sometime this summer and deliver the tower in late 2021 at a cost of $410 million, our current underwriting point to a stabilized yield in the low sixes. Now before we open the call to questions I want to quickly comment on the change in the company’s dividend policy that we announce last night.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/41...rcut-q4-2017-results-earnings-call-transcript

FANTASTIC NEWS WTF!

40 Trinity might be the next project to announce groundbreaking for some time in 2018!!

Haven't they officially "expected the demolition of the garage this summer" like 2 other times already?

With this, the two td towers, 1 dalton and Bulfinch residential all under construction at over 150 meters structural height good things are definitely happening. Now we just need to get Winthrop and south station tower ground broken and a commitment to do the Bulfinch office tower and this will be an official outright boom

It was not long ago when any one of those projects under construction would be a big deal in Boston

With this, the two td towers, 1 dalton and Bulfinch residential all under construction at over 150 meters structural height good things are definitely happening. Now we just need to get Winthrop and south station tower ground broken and a commitment to do the Bulfinch office tower and this will be an official outright boom

It was not long ago when any one of those projects under construction would be a big deal in Boston

This is not under construction though. I'll wait until I see a hole in the ground to believe it.

Remember how many times Hines has said SST was going to start? It still says construction will commence in 2017 on their website.

Looks like there is an IAG meeting for this site next Tuesday.

Meh

A good point ty smith the headline is misleading made it sound like groundbreaking was scheduled. Reading the article it’s still very murky.

A good point ty smith the headline is misleading made it sound like groundbreaking was scheduled. Reading the article it’s still very murky.

Yah I think if you follow these projects long enough you learn not to get your hopes up until you see a crane going up on site. So many projects die despite getting approved. Though we have had a good stretch these last few years.

What's the height on this?

the globe has a story on this too

Two years after it won city approvals, work on another skyline-altering tower, this one near North Station, is finally set to begin this summer.

Equity Residential said this week that it has “all the necessary approvals” to demolish the Garden Garage on Lomasney Way and begin site preparations for a 44-story, 469-unit apartment building. It aims to demolish the garage this summer and start work on the tower itself later this year, company executives told analysts Wednesday.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...reak-ground/NR1NrR5sXeppnDRHbceGtI/story.html

Bldup says 447.

485' to the tip (really, it's 485'.... ER had plans for ~540', but compromised).
Hub on Causeway Residential is 496' *(originally had BRA ok for 659' srsly!)
and the boxy office thing is 505' to the top of the running board (at the base of the antenna thingy).

485' to the tip (really, it's 485').

I think that the Bulfinch Crossing residential tower will be taller then this, though i'm not sure.

Bulfinch Crossing residential is 547'

the tip of the office tower is 647' (to the surprise of some people when it pushes well past 600')

Bulfinch Crossing residential is 547'

the tip of the office tower is 647' (to the surprise of some people when it pushes well past 600')

Just curious Odura, where are you getting these numbers?

Anyway with Bulfinch Crossing this won't be the tallest apartment building in the city.

Remember MT? Someone may give the numbers a few years after the towers have topped. The West End is a sensitive area. They focus on the occupied height to get every last foot. *i also wouldn't be surprised if the tip of the office tower ends up going all the way to 200m. why not when you're already so close.

Back