The Alcott (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

You can see the opening for the red crane, reasons it could not be set up yet: waiting for 28-day concrete cure results (which the second picture isn't there yet, but at this post should be good), they dont need it set up yet until they reach ground level, or they are waiting on another project to finish with the crane nearby (to cut transportation costs)

BeeLine: "From Nov 2nd. Yes, they have reached ground level"

IMG_4695 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_4698 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_4702 by Bos Beeline, on Flick

basement view.jpg
1st floor.jpg

This thing really jumped!!
No small milestone for those who made this possible.
Thrilled to see this and Winthrop Square about to rise skyward!!

Last edited:
I completely forget that this is going 485’ to the top of the mech. Nearly 40’ higher than Avalon. The streetscape has changed undeniably for the better in WE and this is going to be a sneaky but incredible addition to the area.

Right now, on that side of Avalon on Lomasney, it looks barren with just the West End park that I’m not sure many people know is even there. This will really tie in what is over there together and into the WE/Causeway, in a way I’m not sure many will expect.

But if only the O’Neill..

Last edited:
We all told you to knock that shit off. You're pathetic.

Which building is he talking about?

(Sorry to continue talking about something that has clearly made people upset. I just haven’t followed the forum enough to know.)

Edit: I might’ve answered my own question with a google search. Is he referring to the Amy Lowell Apartments?

Last edited:
A few notable dates
best:
"Wake me up in a year and a half...." (exactly a year and a half ago).

Dec 21, 2015 (months before you heard it anywhere....)
odurandina/(Sky City) said:
Midwood Investment/1 Bromfield Street; likely to be proposed in range of 625-740 feet.
Equity Residential North Station/a.k.a. Garden Garage;
was 46 stories/~530;
proposal now sits @ 44 stories/~485' (after 2 height reductions)
^^This is going to be approved.
Back Bay Station;
Tall isn't going to happen after all. Contrary to all the high hopes, this one will be 1 tower slightly over 400' + 1 tower just under 400'. Dalton Street and Copley Tower may be the last significant towers built in Back Bay for many years.

Feb 11, 2016
Re: Longfellow Place (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End
BRA to revisit 44-story tower proposal for West End (Tonight)
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...ra/8ZKmpF3hiZLTgcfEsAoh1M/story.html#comments
Who is "tosh33"?
....thats either a typo or a joke....
I would imagine they knocked it down a bit.
55 fewer parking spaces, 6000 sq. ft less building. No loss of units. $1 million more to North Station transportation action plan, more money to affordable housing fund.
So essentialy no change to the tower itself?
Correct. ...It was approved quickly and unanimously. There was a handful of angry people shouting at the board members on the way out calling them liars and prostitutes.
Just read through the BRA documents for this project.
The opposition letters are pathetic. The West End is a disgrace.
So what you're saying is that archboston contributors were overreacting a few weeks ago? I'm shocked! ;)
Apparently the tower is slightly skinnier? Anyone know the official height?
Are we going to touch 500' with mechanicals?
According to the NPC filed in October (which was the iteration with the height reduction), its 447' to TOP of highest occupiable floor, 467' to top of mechanicals, and 485' to top of crown.

April 14, 2018
Garage is closed. Such is saying so in spray paint above entrance.
Great to see this moving forward...
it's going to be painful waiting for this thing to go vertical.
Wake me up in a year and a half.
That is the laziest Garage Closed sign ever. They couldn't have put up a banner or something more professional?

Last edited:
There are too many other opportunities in that area that I think will be easier to build on. We are probably a solid decade away before proposals around there are asking for more demos. Hopefully part (or all) of the O'Neill will be razed and redeveloped into something huge/tall. There are empty lots on the other side of the Leverett ramp, and also that "Flatiron" possibility lot across from Bulfinch garage.

There are too many other opportunities in that area that I think will be easier to build on.

How permanent are the jail building on the river to the north of this site, the Treadwell building across from it, and the two buildings’ parking lots?

Last edited:
Perhaps the more relevant question:
what neighborhoods will accept the Suffolk County Jail's relocation?

Back