The Alcott (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

If the top render is correct then it looks like it's 48 floors (including crown) and not 46. In that case it's hitting halfway now and I jumped the gun by a few days.

681F302A-20EF-4ACB-B25D-3D20A64829A2.jpeg

7.21.20 - Movinnnn’ 2 floors this week.
View attachment 6304

This tower is exceeding my expectations based on my initial impression of the renderings. I really like the diversity of the glass. This is great addition in the West End and fills in the skyline nicely. I suspect it will top off evenly with the two new Hub/Causeway towers.

This tower is exceeding my expectations based on my initial impression of the renderings. I really like the diversity of the glass. This is great addition in the West End and fills in the skyline nicely. I suspect it will top off evenly with the two new Hub/Causeway towers.

I agree. It is already (reasonably positively) imposing on approach via the Lev Conn heading toward Rt 28N.

....What's the blasting for?

That sign, or a variant of it, has been near that location since they began project excavation. At one point it was near the tenement, for a time near Amy Lowell, and, on a few occasions, actually behind the work fences. It was yellow for a time, too! It (or its brethren) gets around...

For those of you trying to figure out how far along this is, the 20th floor is a good reference point. It has much higher floor-to-ceiling heights than the floors around it. On Javier's pics above, 20 is the one that the construction elevator ends on. On Gunner's pics, 20 is the first one showing behind the O'Neill (you can tell looking at the corner that the ceiling is slightly higher). Overall they are currently pouring the 28th floor.

Back