"The Beat" | 135 Morrissey (Boston Globe Site) | Dorchester

Re: Boston Globe Site Redevelopment | Dorchester

BradPlaid -- Maybe they can dig up all the discarded bow ties and recycle them into an exhibit on Hubris -- featuring the concept -- of what happens to an organization when its "cogs" believe think that what they write makes the planet spin on its axis

I thought that the alternative name for the Boston Globe was the "Writ of Holy Wisdom" that had to be consulted before any decisions were made.

Revs stadium, baby.

The environmental issues must be worse than initially reported.

Sounds about right. That's 2 developers who have backed out in 2 years in a white hot market.

In fairness, over the years, the premises has had a lot of toxic waste spewed from the mouths of folks like Dan Shaughnessy and others. :)

Revs stadium, baby.

I hope youre not serious because the Savin Hill neighborhood association will never ever go for that in a million years

How bad could they be? It's not like the place is a lead smelter. (or an old power plant like on Summer Street) What was cleanup of the old Herald site like?

^ does that mean we're going to get a suburban style development : /

^ does that mean we're going to get a suburban style development : /

Nordblum is behind 345 Harrison in the South End, I believe. Although most of their portfolio is suburban, they have demonstrated urban scale and design in that development.

345 Harrison density/development would be awesome here. If built even close to that scale, it would be close to 1000 units. Here's to hoping...

The Savin Hill neighborhood association would murder a 345 harrison type project I think. A suburban project is what the neighborhood probably wants so its probably what its gonna get.

The Savin Hill neighborhood association would murder a 345 harrison type project I think. A suburban project is what the neighborhood probably wants so its probably what its gonna get.

3rd Avenue in Burlington has a Wegmans - I wonder if that's in the cards for this as well.

No offense to the people in Savin hill, but hopefully they don't have that much sway.
Or, we can see if the Walsh administration is consistent. This is closer to his roots in this area correct (just checked, this is the neighborhood he grew up in, good test.)? Hopefully he overrides some neighborhood opposition here as he has done elsewhere.

Continue the park land and tree line from Pattens Cove to 93 if they need a buffer, but build the Globe Site to be as dense as possible. Taper up towards the JFK end of the site.

How about some more triple deckers or townhouses at teh southern end of the site as a buffer.

How about some more triple deckers or townhouses at teh southern end of the site as a buffer.

I'm down with that too, to transition from old secluded to new and dense.

So, the neighborhood would fight an Ink Block or Assembly Square type of development and all the retail/restaurants that come with it?

Back