rXATbeV.jpg

qHiQI7h.jpg

Re: One Seaport Square | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

From Friday:

JFlxx6Nh.jpg

Mgphg9eh.jpg

Anyone else notice that we're down a crane??

^yeah...someone posted photos in another one of the seaport threads yesterday or the day before.

Seems strange building #2 has been at the same height for 6+ weeks now while building one has glass up on a good portion of the building

Given this nice vantage point (thanks Pheldy & DigitalSciGuy), what do folks think about planting a single row of fairly tall but fairly widely-space trees in the center median of Seaport Blvd? In the spacing between the trees, some wide raised (brick?) pedestrian crossings could be installed. I think this would do a lot to mitigate the "wide canyon" effect some folks have been critical of, and it would add some nice natural texture/color to offset the mega-glass motif.

An example of the scheme I am thinking of is Van Ness Ave. in SF

Last edited:

Given this nice vantage point (thanks Pheldy & DigitalSciGuy), what do folks think about planting a single row of fairly tall but fairly widely-space trees in the center median of Seaport Blvd? In the spacing between the trees, some wide raised (brick?) pedestrian crossings could be installed. I think this would do a lot to mitigate the "wide canyon" effect some folks have been critical of, and it would add some nice natural texture/color to offside the mega-glass motif.

An example of the scheme I am thinking of is Van Ness Ave. in SF

I think that is essentially the plan which will be implemented after completion of some of the current construction projects.

Seems strange building #2 has been at the same height for 6+ weeks now while building one has glass up on a good portion of the building

It must have grown a solid 4-5 floors in this time frame. I don't know what the heck you are looking at.

Note the two trucks hauling containers to Conley....this really does need to get designated as a no-truck route for all all but local deliveries on the pike / haul road where they belong...

I think that is essentially the plan which will be implemented after completion of some of the current construction projects.

Maybe a crazy transit pitch but a one or two track tram like those in Amsterdam traveling to stub ends or a loop on seaport and D street seems like a no brainier given the width of both streets. stopping at the underground silver line stations gives quick access to the redline

It must have grown a solid 4-5 floors in this time frame. I don't know what the heck you are looking at.

What the "heck" are you looking at? From 5/10 - 6/9 it has grown 3 floors and one crane has gone down. Tower 1 rose much more rapidly. Steel prices have risen dramatically recently, which could have contributed. I also look out my window everyday at this.

What the "heck" are you looking at? From 5/10 - 6/9 it has grown 3 floors and one crane has gone down. Tower 1 rose much more rapidly. Steel prices have risen dramatically recently, which could have contributed. I also look out my window everyday at this.

First of all, you just badly contradicted yourself considering you said it hadn't grown at all and now you're saying 3 floors. My guess of 4-5 is still much closer.

However, second of all, 6 weeks ago was April 28. The below pic is from 5/4, and Tower 2 has clearly grown at least the 4-5 floors that I said it had since then. If we're talking the 6+ weeks then my estimate was actually low.

rfDIatP.jpg

From this afternoon

Good luck winning this argument!

Yeah, what he said...
I was assuming based on the speed difference, which I believe there is. That they are pushing much more on parcel B than C, so they can finish it up much sooner and start leasing and moving people in as quick as possible. Filling 800+ units in one fell swoop is a tall order. But, strong leasing of building 1, with lots of retail and entertainment filling in will really drive the leasing of a second building once it appears to be such a hip location.

Whether right or not, it all makes sense.

All I am saying is that compared to Parcel B, it is going up a lot slower. Check the start and end dates for Parcel B (I believe it was topped off 2nd week of March). Don't need to waste my time going through picture logs with you.

Did some exploring here last night and in my opinion this is coming out really good. Watermarks ground level is turning out very nicely and its a good break from the glass in the area. Seaport square is going to be an explosion of retail, the parcel after it is going to essentially be a seaport square pt 2, and the northern ave realignment gets rid of the wonky diagonal street that used to look retarded. Im impressed so far and theres still a shiiiiit ton of room to go. For the first time ever though Seaport Blvd is starting to look like its a real part of the city and its still almost completely under construction.

Back