The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Re: One Seaport Square | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

I've been jonesing for some new construction pics. Thanks, xec!

You're welcome. I had the same hankering myself.

I've been jonesing for some new construction pics. Thanks, xec!

Sorry guys I'm in S Florida at the moment working on my summer tan. I'll be back soon.

Sorry guys I'm in S Florida at the moment working on my summer tan. I'll be back soon.

Enjoy....relax....and PLEASE come back soon!

Worth noting...The glass on this building looks a lot more blue in person than it does in the pics posted above

25848930040_d4c2f2aee4_c.jpg

26029301612_bd1730dbc5_c.jpg

These two PICS are not impressive on the architecture front.

Like the BOX part of the city.

508w.jpg

I would say 06 or 07 because the ICA is complete but the first of the Fan Pier buildings is yet to start construction.

Man, it's a shame all those parking lots are gone. Good thing mass port is going to build a garage to replace them!

These two PICS are not impressive on the architecture front.

Like the BOX part of the city.

The step up effect of the court/envoy here, along with pier 4, 22 liberty, 50 liberty, and wtc I think are going to at least give it a step up from the water which is much better than if they had built max height directly to the waters edge. Im fine with it.

0B7si7aM3IAqUWnlxLU1JRUE0dDQ

0B7si7aM3IAqUUGxYejZUZFRBUVU

0B7si7aM3IAqURFo1MXdFVkRTdkU

0B7si7aM3IAqUWXJBWklxZV9qS1k

Poolio -- nice pix

My question is when do you think those temporary diagonal bracing pieces will be removed --- the building looks almost done

:p

No pics but I just want to say that these look absolutely HUGE in person! There is no more gap after you cross the Seaport Blvd bridge. The build-up is RIGHT THERE! Between this, Yotel, 50 Liberty, and 121 Seaport Blvd, there are 4 different buildings currently rising at the same time within a couple blocks!!!

I urge you all to walk down Seaport Blvd and see the difference for yourselves. The vision for the area is slowly starting to be realized. The Seaport is totally picking up the slack while we wait for Pierce, CSC, and everything else to really take off.

No pics but I just want to say that these look absolutely HUGE in person! There is no more gap after you cross the Seaport Blvd bridge. The build-up is RIGHT THERE! Between this, Yotel, 50 Liberty, and 121 Seaport Blvd, there are 4 different buildings currently rising at the same time within a couple blocks!!!

I urge you all to walk down Seaport Blvd and see the difference for yourselves. The vision for the area is slowly starting to be realized. The Seaport is totally picking up the slack while we wait for Pierce, CSC, and everything else to really take off.

This is starting to feel like a "Volvo" neighborhood to me. Boxy but safe, with an occasional sports coupe thrown into the mix. Not bad at all.

I was down on Seaport Boulevard last night and was struck by how this current crop of buildings is so much better than the slightly older ones down by the Seaport Hotel.

I was down on Seaport Boulevard last night and was struck by how this current crop of buildings is so much better than the slightly older ones down by the Seaport Hotel.

JumboBuc -- Absolutely -- this area is finally starting to develop a unique identity -- its Glass ;)

Walking along Seaport Blvd, the core of the emerging district -- from D Street [the current boundary of development with few exceptions] toward the Fort Point Channel -- you find the newest buildings are, spare of most ornament, glass towers, with a certain amount of "Je ne sais quoi" flair. Yes, the oldest of the new {Seaport Hotel and Office Buildings} are traditional masonry clad towers.

As you move closer to the Fort Point Channel and look to your left toward Summer St., there is solid base of the old 19th C warehouses, accompanied by less-non-traditional modern buildings -- with more masonry.

Seaport Square mostly between seaport and Congress is more glass.

On your right --except for the very old-Boston-style city-side wall of the Courthouse, and the old piers, everything is Glass and more Glass. Soon it will not only be glass -- but it will be curvy and fluid and glassy.

Basically if want a simple characterization the Seaport is Boston's Glass District.

Note -- special for Riff -- this is unique in Boston -- while the towers may be 20 stories -- there is no where else where all of the new ones are are all glass from top to bottom

Welcome back. Thanks for great pics as always.

Back