The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Re: One Seaport Square | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Beeline, I don't think they've bumped the crane down... I don't think it ever got bumped up!

Beeline, I don't think they've bumped the crane down... I don't think it ever got bumped up!

OOPS! I stand corrected. I have not been paying attention to my own photos. Me bad.

Wow, I forget sometimes how big an impact this is having. It's incredibly satisfying to see such a large swath of parking lot turn over.

From 3/6

DZH -- that one is wins the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Award [if there was one]

The telephoto juxtaposition of Logan and the construction in the Seaport / Innovation District with the traditional Financial District

should be part of all the materials being used to lure the next GE

DZH -- that one is wins the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Award [if there was one]

The telephoto juxtaposition of Logan and the construction in the Seaport / Innovation District with the traditional Financial District

should be part of all the materials being used to lure the next GE

I dunno, I thought this one was more impressive. Gets the State Street Corp., Liberty Mutual, and more of the neighborhoods' density into the photo.

Brilliant photos, DZ. Thank you!

I dunno, I thought this one was more impressive. Gets the State Street Corp., Liberty Mutual, and more of the neighborhoods' density into the photo.

Brilliant photos, DZ. Thank you!

Dshoost -- tis just a matter of preference -- your preference is more encompassing of the neighborhoods as well as the commercial citadels -- my choice sticks Logan runways in your front yard

WIeLUoj.jpg

tpO1Qyf.jpg

👏👏👏👏👏

OOOH i like the glass looking good so far. This is a key piece that will really start bringing the seaport to life.

I really wonder what the market would have bared with no FAA restrictions in place on this parcel especially. Would have been much different no doubt

^interesting question for the whole seaport... If taller buildings were allowed, would we have filled up as much surface area this quickly..? Likely not.

I really wonder what the market would have bared with no FAA restrictions in place on this parcel especially. Would have been much different no doubt

I think we would have seen a mini-downtown pop up around Fan Pier and along the channel down to Summer Street. Probably a few buildings around the 500' to 600' mark. The proximity to South Station would allow for much denser development than the SL could handle further east. I also think a lot of the buildings that went up from B street and east would have been a lot shorter given the increase in supply closer to Downtown. Essentially a much more drastic skyline than the flat one we have now.

PS - the past tense of "bear" is "borne"

It wouldn't have mattered because South Boston was again anything tall on that side of the channel. I can remember before the FAA stepped in the plan was for nothing over 300' then it was chopped down to 250'.

Great update as usual, BeeLine.

I think we would have seen a mini-downtown pop up around Fan Pier and along the channel down to Summer Street. Probably a few buildings around the 500' to 600' mark. The proximity to South Station would allow for much denser development than the SL could handle further east. I also think a lot of the buildings that went up from B street and east would have been a lot shorter given the increase in supply closer to Downtown. Essentially a much more drastic skyline than the flat one we have now.

PS - the past tense of "bear" is "borne"

Probably something like this eventually. What a shame.

boston_fan_pier.jpg

Back