The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Re: One Seaport Square | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Seeing those were proposed in the 80s we honestly may have dodged a bullet.

It wouldn't have mattered because South Boston was again anything tall on that side of the channel. I can remember before the FAA stepped in the plan was for nothing over 300' then it was chopped down to 250'.

The cynic in me can't help but think this is a bigger reason for stumps than the FAA. The regulations seem meant to further certain people's agendas rather than exclusively existing for safety/radar reasons.

I doubt it you can look on google earth of the FAA map and its no secret that the runways directly across the harbor send planes right over the seaport. I don't know of another city with 500' towers directly at the end of any runways.

Are adding new Silver Line head houses still part of the project?

Are adding new Silver Line head houses still part of the project?

Yes. At least one is (the one that goes on the Northern Side of Seaport Blvd near Thomson Place extended).

Both, actually. The one on the south side of Seaport Boulevard is also being integrated into the Yotel being built adjacent.

Seeing those were proposed in the 80s we honestly may have dodged a bullet.

I don't know. Judging by the taller towers in those proposal where they have actual crowns, setbacks, and great width to height proportions, I think we definitely missed out. The 1987 one looks like a mini Key tower and both were proposed around the same time (the Key tower went up in 1988).

250px-Key_Tower.jpg

The 1981 one though is absolute shit.

I don't know. Judging by the taller towers in those proposal where they have actual crowns, setbacks, and great width to height proportions, I think we definitely missed out. The 1987 one looks like a mini Key tower and both were proposed around the same time (the Key tower went up in 1988).

250px-Key_Tower.jpg

When there is pride involved you can get a crown like this. When there is a pro-forma involved, it is an unnecessary expense that is Value Engineered on day 2 of a project.

cca

250px-Key_Tower.jpg

Hartford was going to build a 700' version of this known as Society Center. One of their 4 700-800'+ towers proposed in the 80's before the late 80's recession.

From 3/13

From 3/20

Hard to chose from so many good pix
Thanks to DZH. Beeline & Golden Retreivers great work in documenting the still rapidly evolving Seaport / Innovation District

26055404631_24400c11e6_c.jpg

25848930040_d4c2f2aee4_c.jpg

26029301612_bd1730dbc5_c.jpg

25848970710_4ce09a38ec_c.jpg

25517037264_65c13e54c1_c.jpg

One%20Seaport%20Square%201.jpg

One%20Seaport%20Square%202.jpg

One%20Seaport%20Square%203.jpg

One%20Seaport%20Square%204.jpg

One%20Seaport%20Square%205.jpg