27979198434_51ebf9b409_h.jpg

28596240155_3c0954bbce_h.jpg

28311967330_1893550b3b_c.jpg

27980330973_12ccf62c76_h.jpg

27979104424_1669e51a43_h.jpg

28563533556_814e136395_h.jpg

28313855800_d03c966f1c_h.jpg

Re: One Seaport Square | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Is standard operating procedure to seal everything up with windows and glass and then add accents and other materials to the exterior? Or is what we're seeing now pretty much what we're going to get-- another big blue glass wall.

Is standard operating procedure to seal everything up with windows and glass and then add accents and other materials to the exterior? Or is what we're seeing now pretty much what we're going to get-- another big blue glass wall.

You can see the balconies in that picture. They'll be an accent.

What is the anticipated opening date for the first tower?

And as you can see from the other angle, there are some subtle accents on this facade in addition to the balconies, with even more obvious accents on other facades.

27979198434_51ebf9b409_h.jpg

27979104424_1669e51a43_h.jpg

Yeah, I guess looking back on old renders the building with the most non-glass was always going to be Parcel C. Parcel B is really mostly just blue glass with some lining-- and the balconies and so forth-- while Parcel C has a whole bunch of black and brown cladding.

I love this whole complex, it's huge, beautiful, full of retail space and residential. Am I correct that the second building will be clad in a sea-green color glass? Looks like the color from the last pic in dirtywater's post.

Anyone else feel that the podium portion of this building should have been taller in order to appropriately fill the urban space in this area? The street is very wide here and I think taller streetwalls are needed to contain the open feeling of the area. Of course the tower portion would probably look more stubby with a more substantial podium but the tradeoff for a better streetwall would be worth it IMO.

^ maybe so, but the trick is that it's almost impossible to do retail above the 2nd floor, and not possible to do residential on a floor plate that big. Which would leave either office or above ground parking. Unless maybe they did a dumbbell layout for the residential portion to present to the steetwall like you describe.

Glass is 5 floors from the top!
LqR2wA4h.jpg

1xaYjAHh.jpg

Glass is 5 floors from the top!
LqR2wA4h.jpg

1xaYjAHh.jpg

This is a pretty large project...thanks for the pics, cool angle. I bet you'll have a nice view of the new GE headquarters from there.

The uniformity of roof heights still bugs me. I know it's driven by the proximity to Logan, but couldn't they have played with something other than a flat table?

100% agree very boring skyline hopefully there's still time for someone to break the mode

Parcel M was designed with that in mind, so it will help. I feel the seaport is going to be more of a ground level retail experience than skyline deal breaker, its never going to be able to have the height variances other parts of the city have. The good part is the architecture is improving and there is a shit ton of retail. Also when you are there you don't notice as much as you do in aerial/harbor shots so for the experience within the seaport it will be fine. It would have been nice if they had zoned each parcel a little bit different so there was variations, but they are sort of making up for it with the step backs from the water along with the towers getting shorter the farther they get from downtown. Parcel M should help out a fair amount though for what it is. One thing I would like to see that is not very economically feasible is thinner towers, some set backs, and some limestone. We shall see.

It wont help for waterfront shots but the height does increase the farther inland you go.

Transferable height rights? Basically air rights that could move further than an adjacent parcel. Allow the seaport developers to sell some of their height to parcels elsewhere in the city.

Even with the height issues these are very good developments. Especially fan pier/seaport square being so close to South Station. These are going to be some great spots to go to for entertainment, drinks, food, right on the waterfront. Cant wait for these to wrap up and the next wave to come they keep getting better each time.

I'm actually digging the uniform height on the fan pier side. That with the concave shapes and density give a dramatic flair while the church, office, and residential buildings on the other side of Seaport Blvd contrast it with their variances.

Back