The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Re: One Seaport Square | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Stated completion date on these is 2017. Sounds awfully long...

Stated completion date on these is 2017. Sounds awfully long...

We're nearing the end of 2014 and they've barely broken ground. 2017 isn't too far off.

have the other seaport buildings taken upwards of 2 years?

Vertex was ridiculously fast for what it is at 30 months. They paid extra for that. Two years is absolutely what I would expect.

One%20Seaport%20Square.jpg

from the above link

Oh the comments are always so much fun. Where will the guests put their cars? How will people get there, as the subway doesn't go there? When there's a supermarket, how will people get their food home without a car? No units big enough to raise a family.

When did 1300+ sf and 3 bedrooms become too small for a family exactly?

Wow, a decent looking Elkus building. What alternate universe are we in?

Oh the comments are always so much fun. Where will the guests put their cars? How will people get there, as the subway doesn't go there? When there's a supermarket, how will people get their food home without a car? No units big enough to raise a family.

When did 1300+ sf and 3 bedrooms become too small for a family exactly?

Those comments are hysterical! What they do not realize is that if they walk out the front door there are not one, but two Silver Line stops in front of them as well as downtown being a 1.5 minute walk over the bridge.

And the notion that you need a car in order to buy and transport groceries is absurd. Not everyone does a massive shopping run to Stop & Shop once every couple weeks and loads it all in their car in plastic bags. If you have a supermarket in your neighborhood all you have to buy is enough groceries for a meal at a time.

If you have a supermarket in your neighborhood all you have to buy is enough groceries for a meal at a time.

But there's no supermarket in the Seaport.

Wow, a decent looking Elkus building. What alternate universe are we in?
It's pretty much a podium/tower clone of Boylston West with different facades. Not bad at all and the retail will be crucial here.

"The 250,000 square feet of retail space in the development will be anchored by a Showplace Icon movie theater, a Kings bowling alley and entertainment complex, and an Equinox fitness center. Those tenants were announced at a ground-breaking celebration Friday attended by Mayor Martin J. Walsh and Governor-elect Charlie Baker."

That is what we are getting so far? Another Kings, Equinox and then a pretty decent movie theatre?

"a 17,000 square-foot public park between the buildings"

How this is possible?

Thanks, but that makes it more confusing :)

Also, I can't recall but is Parcel D accounted for yet?

Thanks, but that makes it more confusing :)

Also, I can't recall but is Parcel D accounted for yet?

Not that I can recall.

Edit:

I just looked out the window and saw that it was staging for construction equipment.

Yet.....
Thrres also barely any occupied residences in the seaport as Of yet. Aside from park lane, and I usually do my best to forget those.

Right. My comment is contingent on there being a supermarket (and people living) in the Seaport in the future. There doesn't need to be parking as long as-- in the end-- this neighborhood has all the little pieces of a neighborhood that make walking so easy.

Back