The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Re: One Seaport Square | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Thats just place holders its not to be taken literally.

I'm sorry: "Luxurious People"?

It's in the same typeface as the art/"graffiti" sticker on the "Welcome to Fort Point" sign that changed "artist community" into "luxury condo community."

Looks like it's a district-wide campaign.

So a banner in a font is art? Well color me Raphael. (That color would be red of course.)

they appear to be trying just a little to hard

What a loser.

^agreed^

"Street Retail
Seaport Style"

So... none?

You may think it's bad art, but it's definitely art. I'm loving the series.

I won't say it's bad art. It's just not art. That banner anyways. It's desktop publishing. It might be for a purpose, but that doesn't make it art. I also never said whatever it is, is bad.

If it we're by the developer it'd be the epitome of douche advertising, but since it's demonstration against douchbaggery, it's spot on.

since it's demonstration against douchbaggery, it's spot on.

Why are the potential residents of these buildings douchebags?

I won't say it's bad art. It's just not art. That banner anyways. It's desktop publishing. It might be for a purpose, but that doesn't make it art. I also never said whatever it is, is bad.

If it we're by the developer it'd be the epitome of douche advertising, but since it's demonstration against douchbaggery, it's spot on.

An argument about what is or isn't art is unsolvable. No one is the arbiter of "art".

This is Boston.The potential residents of the whole goddamn city are douchebags...

Because I'm a dick and can label anyone I want as a douchebag and be an arbiter of art!!

Or just in a rare mood.
Either way, it matters naught.

I think it's less about the residents being douchebags and more about the vain, skin-deep style of advertising we see for new projects such as these.

Like it or not, this banner has to be art, because we're all arguing over it and we've all got different opinions about what it means.

Regardless, it's sort of silly to be against these sorts of developments. It's replacing a surface parking lot, so almost anything is an improvement. And it's located directly next to downtown, so it's almost certainly going to be luxury residential or Class A office space. It's hard to complain much.

This development and the parcel K development are the first that make me somewhat optimistic about the Seaport area. (Envoy and the condo on the water are nice too, but don't seem as transformative). They have decent architecture/density and more importantly they begin tying the Seaport to the traditional downtown and the warehouse buildings of the Fort Point Area.

Sure it will never have the charm of Beacon Hill or the vibrancy of DTX, but these two developments seem to have the potential to make Seaport feel like more of an actual core urban neighborhood and less of a downtown-adjacent office park.

Paul Allen decides to resurrect a movie theater in Seattle, with laser projection, 110 Dolby Atmos speakers, and with wine, beer, and children welcome.

17bits-theater2-blog480.jpg

Back