The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Re: One Seaport Square | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

And so it begins. Five small cranes on site today.

Sweet. Never actually occurred to me that there would be no real digging thanks to the T tunnel below. So used to the 3 levels of garage on everything. Over there. This set of bad boys, should be able to go vertical rather quickly.

Edit. Oops I was wrong. 775 parking spaces. So digging and waiting.

Sweet. Never actually occurred to me that there would be no real digging thanks to the T tunnel below. So used to the 3 levels of garage on everything. Over there. This set of bad boys, should be able to go vertical rather quickly.

Edit. Oops I was wrong. 775 parking spaces. So digging and waiting.

Posted this earlier.

1.10.3 Schedule
The Proponent has developed both a Phasing Plan and a Construction Schedule designed to take advantage of construction efficiencies. Upon completion of Blocks A, H and J (Phase 1), the remaining Project will be built on a series of large “bathtubs” with below-grade floor plates for parking and access. Each bathtub will serve as the foundation upon which multiple buildings will then be constructed. Considerable construction efficiencies will be realized by constructing these bathtubs sequentially.
See page 40 for image.

15934430739_b42f55db00_b.jpg

15933072698_e3d56ae856_b.jpg

This project is starting to give the media a problem -- they've lost all the good spots for the info-babes to stand with the Court House as background while doing the live-shots for the Marathon Bombing Trial -- they had everything worked out for Bulger and then along came all the construction.

This morning one was set up on Congress and they used a telephoto to put the CourtHouse right behind her -- the problem was that she was at ground level and so as the traffic zoomed by on Congress it was right in the middle of the shot -- one of the things zooming by was a competitor's truck :)

I even saw one TV journalist -- a guy -- doing his shot with the glass wall of the CourtHouse behind him -- of course he also talked about the harbor security with shots of the Boston PD, Mass State Police and Coast Guard fleet

Last edited:

Noticed this small mock-up today...

picture.php

Apologies for the odd angle; it was tucked behind the abutting Seaport Blvd fencing.

Great photos Beeline

Very cool. Does anyone know how much parking, if any, will be underground here? Originally, the plan was for 6,000 spots spread over different parcels. I don't think that's the plan anymore. Who knows, there's nothing on the BRA website.

There's some new color in those samplers, maybe some wood or faux-wood at least:

17521676364_519a0884a1_c.jpg

18144289345_11306cc303_c.jpg

Parcel B getting down there:

18145313901_567011eac1_c.jpg

A somewhat silly question, but where, exactly, does all the dirt that is dug out for these foundations typically go?

Back