The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Re: One Seaport Square | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

31269305662_49181d75fa_b.jpg

31413901605_aa653a8d61_b.jpg

31269302412_86454aef6e_b.jpg

QUOTE]

Yeah, these are real nice.

These three. Real nice. Love these material shots.

I was walking along Cambridge Street yesterday around 1pm, foggy and cold and was struck by how amazing City Hall and the facades of the JFK twin towers and the Saltonstall Building looked - the ultra-cold, grey background really brought out the best of what they had to offer, and I took some phone-cam shots of the facades and they came out well, just like that. I know the overall impact of the building is what ends up mattering, but sometimes it's nice to zero in on a detail or single attribute, and appreciate the building that way instead. I notice you often focus on this aspect of a building. Well done.

thanks FK4

update: the exterior elevator on the parcel B building is now removed

Ugh this reminds me of 1330 Boylston where they throw 6 facades in a blender and haphazardly throw them up.... Its kinda trying too hard and lazy/untalented. Maybe they'll execute better here. 1330 isn't terrible but come on we can do better

Ugh this reminds me of 1330 Boylston where they throw 6 facades in a blender and haphazardly throw them up.... Its kinda trying too hard and lazy/untalented. Maybe they'll execute better here. 1330 isn't terrible but come on we can do better

It's an Elkus trademark.

I can't wait to walk around this area again when it finally warms up in the spring. It'll be a whole new world compared to the last time i was down there.

I can't wait to walk around this area again when it finally warms up in the spring. It'll be a whole new world compared to the last time i was down there.

Deetroyt -- My reference point on the progress of the Seaport is the annual walk across the Viaduct from the WTC SilverLIne Station to the World Trade Center Exhibition Hall when my wife and I take the T to the Spring Flower Show.

I always take a good look and some pix going both in [we're in a hurry so its brief] and out [after a full day she's burned out from the retail section and I end-up hauling a bunch of the stuff that she bought so we have more time]. Over the past decade since the show moved from the old Bayside location down at the JFK/UMAss stop -- the transformation of the views up and down Seaport Blvd have been Vegas-strip-like in terms of the magnitude of the change. Last spring a lot of the stuff was just cores and cranes -- this time it will be buildings ready for occupants and of course more cores and cranes.

That math doesn't add up to 832.

I dont know the number, just posting an article do with it what you will.

308+46+382+96=832, unless I'm missing something this is correct

I missed the 46, I am now less confused thanks.

This corner would have looked better if it was all glass or just continued on the black facade.
This section looks great.

Agreed, the black looks really nice and would break up the too-many-materials-at-a-time thing.

Back