The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Re: One Seaport Square | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

I could be wrong, but I think One Seaport Square could actually be priced more affordably than other buildings that have gone up in the seaport the last few years. Between the volume of new apartments under construction here (800+) and the amount of pre-leased commercial retail space they've signed on, I would expect new one beds to be closer to $2,400/mo than the standard $3,000/mo the other seaport buildings have been costing. Especially when you factor in the likely rental concessions these developers will make (1-2 months free rent, no brokers fee, etc.). I'm very excited for this project.

I think the chief benefits of this area are going to be the public space (if done well), the lessening pressure on the housing market (however little), and the concentration of the young, corporate demographic in one place. They are, on the whole, a stultifyingly dull group of people, so if this pulls any of them out of my neighborhood I'll be grateful.

Hey, the Seaport isn't just dull restaurants in dull buildings for dull people! It also has plenty of Jersey Shore type bros!

Hey, the Seaport isn't just dull restaurants in dull buildings for dull people! It also has plenty of Jersey Shore type bros!

Yeah. I avoid the seaport like the plague. The crowd is as bad as or worse than Fenway or Faneuil IMHO.

You guys are going to the wrong places, then. There are plenty of non "bro" like places to enjoy.

Don't name them though. Then the bros and yah dudes will know where they are.....

Seaport after a certain time, particularly on weekends, is bro/Jersey Shore/trashy dresser central. It just is.

Whiskey Priest, ABG...Even Legal Harborside gets trashy after about 10pm. Envoy Roofdeck "Lookout" gets questionable as well.

After work/happy hour time, these are more tolerable.

Lucky's is consistently a less-trashy audience in my experience - at all times of day.

Seaport after a certain time, particularly on weekends, is bro/Jersey Shore/trashy dresser central. It just is.

Whiskey Priest, ABG...Even Legal Harborside gets trashy after about 10pm. Envoy Roofdeck "Lookout" gets questionable as well.

After work/happy hour time, these are more tolerable.

Lucky's is consistently a less-trashy audience in my experience - at all times of day.

Boston just isn't that classy of a city for the most part.

And there he is, right on queue.

In this case, I completely agree. The late night Boston crowd is awful.

I would agree that it can. Lot of college students. A city like NYC is big enough (there certainly are plenty of bars and clubs in NYC loaded with bros and dbs) to blend these places and these crowds in. Boston cannot.

How about a venue that caters to live music? Not talking about a huge venue like the House of Blues - just a bar that centers itself around live music? That seems to be lacking in certain areas of Boston.

How about a venue that caters to live music? Not talking about a huge venue like the House of Blues - just a bar that centers itself around live music? That seems to be lacking in certain areas of Boston.

Agreed completely - a place like the Beehive with jazz nightly is very unique and we need more of them. Or even Wally's.

We do not need more places like Howl at the Moon.

Camberville does a good job of this, in my experience. Check out Toad or Bull McCabe's.

Camberville does a good job of this, in my experience. Check out Toad or Bull McCabe's.

+1.

Also, maybe someone could split this into a different thread. Is there a Boston Nightlife thread?

Boston just isn't that classy of a city for the most part.

Was that a joke? Or is this based off watching Boston mob movies? After spending the last 3 days working and living in Times Square, I'd be happy to correct the record and contrast with NYC which is full of losers both local and from all corners of the country and the world. For a city of it's size, Boston is unparalleled in culture, eating and shopping. Not sure what else is supposed to constitute class. Behaviors? There are "low class" people in every city in North America and Europe. Ever been to Wembley to watch England play? There is a reason why they don't permit drinking anywhere in view of the pitch anymore. People in Toronto elected a crack smoking alcoholic as mayor. And on and on.

Was that a joke? Or is this based off watching Boston mob movies? After spending the last 3 days working and living in Times Square, I'd be happy to correct the record and contrast with NYC which is full of losers both local and from all corners of the country and the world. For a city of it's size, Boston is unparalleled in culture, eating and shopping. Not sure what else is supposed to constitute class. Behaviors? There are "low class" people in every city in North America and Europe. Ever been to Wembley to watch England play? There is a reason why they don't permit drinking anywhere in view of the pitch anymore. People in Toronto elected a crack smoking alcoholic as mayor. And on and on.

Just let it go Fortpointguy...KMP is a troll and he's not worth your time or frustration.

Ah, I took the bait.

Back