The Boulevard (née The Times/Littlest Bar) | 110 Broad St | Downtown

I'm impressed they're doing most of this with primarily one mobile crane so far..

renders incl 55 India

110-Broad-Street-Finegold-Alexander-Architects-1-1280x851.jpg

110-Broad-Street-Finegold-Alexander-Architects-4.jpg

My biggest concern/dislike about this project -- more than the issue with the Bulfinch warehouse and the loss of The Littlest Bar as a fun place to drop in for a drink -- is how it really obscures the Grain Exchange Building from so many angles. I know it's just how things go in cities as they evolve and grow, but for that gem to get progressively more and more hidden is a shame.

My biggest concern/dislike about this project -- more than the issue with the Bulfinch warehouse and the loss of The Littlest Bar as a fun place to drop in for a drink -- is how it really obscures the Grain Exchange Building from so many angles. I know it's just how things go in cities as they evolve and grow, but for that gem to get progressively more and more hidden is a shame.

It's really the other building next door that's going to do that. This one's biggest crime was the destruction of the Times Building.

The buildings are already demoed. Luckily whats going up looks pretty good, or at least you can say whats going up is not bad, so I think it works. Luckily they at least kept the littlest bar and didn't demolish everything, although keeping The Times as well would have been much better, it could have been much worse, especially for an EXTREMELY prominent position in the city. We could have gotten an 888 Boylston right on front street with spinny things on top and columns going all over the place with a flat brim hat on. This at least looks good given the circumstances of demoing some old Boston so in that regard its ok. Theres some brick on this thing too and at street level so thats another plus.

A sea of beige and brown.

Considered the Boston palette for a long time. International Place as originally proposed used bluish granite. The BRA shot it down as clashing with the Boston motif.

^^ I never knew that. I love learning things like that.

Yes it does. In that picture the glass wall will slightly lean at an angle to the left getting wider at the top.

Back