The Boulevard (née The Times/Littlest Bar) | 110 Broad St | Downtown

Maybe someone can ask Mr. Hacin for an update for 55 India at an upcoming BCDC meeting.

On the other side

Haha, right! Some showers are left open on the glassed-in section (which is what I originally thought and which I hate) but having a much smaller window in our shower, I can tell you for sure, it'll fog up when anyone's showering, which also makes for lots of glass to squeegee in that shower. Also, you'd be surprised at the number of exhibitionists out there! ;)

I guess it'll look fine and no one will really care too much. Things usually look alright when completed, if not always up to our high standards (for architectural design, historic preservation, amount of parking, streetscape, etc). Just another example of "cute" historic-modern juxtaposition. A few tourists might point and say it's cool, I guess.

I walked by this recently for the first time in a long time. The first thing that stood out to me was that the all-glass vertical facade side on the left is much narrower than I thought it would be based on impressions that I got from the renders. Did anyone else get that or just me? Instead of being broad like the glass "face" of Pier 4 Condos (Seaport), it tapers in, looking less impressive.

It was pretty disappointing in that way and it was a turn-off, though I'm not sure if I am just caught off-guard by the reality vs. my impressions. I didn't stick around long enough in person to consider whether the actual design, as it is, works well for the building/space.

This photo from Beeline captures it pretty well. I didn't see/notice this before at the time.

Theres only 2 floors of glass, who knows what it will look like when the glass is complete. This is another example of us needing to just hold off on judgement until its done. We see it with literally every single building. You get the renders, there becomes a consensus if its nice or not, when the building is half done people wonder why it doesn't look like the renders, then it finishes and people are like now that its done it looks better. It doesn't look like the renders because the renders don't show a half built building. On top of that usually you really only get a couple angles and at least half sometimes more are from angles nobody will ever see without a drone. Just hold off a bit and see what it looks like when its not half done.

^^^^. Please note the top three photos in item # 531 this thread. Page 27.

I hate what they did to the Times building and this will never be worth it but I don't mind this building, it's halfway decent

Looks great! Keep filling in the greenway! The colors go perfect with the area and Boston as a whole. Great addition.

Hot damn! I love how this turned out! A welcome splash of color along the edge of the Greenway! No doubt, an ever changing splash of color depending on the time of day and how the light is reflecting off. Beeline, loving the photo update of so many projects this morning (hours of posting no doubt), a huge thanks for that, but this particular set of how the Boulevard turned out, wow! Such a surprise! Again, lovin the tour of Boston this morning!

Last edited:
That orange hue is fantastic. I wonder how much they looked to the Batterymarch building for that honey color.

This thing is DYNAMIC. Look at how drastic the color changes when the light is and isn't hitting it. Just those last 2 pics alone look like 2 completely different colors. Holy crap.

The fact that the glazing on the front diagonal face of this building is not symmetrical really bothers me for some reason. It was obviously designed this way, not sure why.... any ideas?

Back