The Boulevard (née The Times/Littlest Bar) | 110 Broad St | Downtown

People may argue about the design, but this fills in the gap in the street wall, beautifully.

People may argue about the design, but this fills in the gap in the street wall, beautifully.

You mean the gap that was created when they demolished the old building that had previously filled that gap?

Fine, the gap in the Greenway's streetwall, not Broad St's! :)

27957743719_2ef255a169_b.jpg

27957740349_d1888f9f04_b.jpg

27957737229_d8ea031d0a_b.jpg

27957731199_9e3fca834b_b.jpg

The Greenway needs buildings of this size and scale in the area around Hanover Street and the North End Park. This height works very well with the scale of the Greenway, and it defines a strong and coherent street wall, something which is sadly missing in the North End portion of the Greenway.

The good thing is were getting more retail on the greenway. The greenway is nearly perfect but this is the only thing its lacking. This and a few other projects plus the Blackstone market are going to add much more life and retail to the greenway. Being able to walk along the greenway and have bars/shops/restaurants lining it is going to make it even better than it already is. Cant wait.

This is really going to be really good. The development has won me over.

This and 55 India are going to knock this section of the Greenway out of the Park, and set the table for the Lobster and Harborfaro towers.

Beeline, i have no way to properly thank you for the outlandish embarrassment of riches you give to this forum. We need to do a go fund you to the Great Barrier Reef, Rapa Nui, or Tavarua....

GR and a few others aren't far behind.

Although they did demolish an old relic here its really going to show tourists what makes Boston...Boston, when they round the corner of this and see this little old brick building tucked in the corner with this new building wrapped around it like a glove as a glimpse into Boston past. Things like this really separate the good from the great.

I don't get the circle jerk for this building. It tore down a pair of historic buildings. And we don't have a facade or any idea how it'll turn out.

lol

I think he meant this gap: https://goo.gl/maps/MVFgmkFYqC12

That was a pretty horrible looking wall to face the Greenway.

I actually like that look. It gave the area character and reminded us of the scar that the central artery had on the city. Now we're just getting a boring apartment building that looks like it could be anywhere.

Pre-fabricated tan brick panels started to go in on this along the ground floor.

https://northendwaterfront.com/2018/02/mayor-walsh-lauds-boulevard-topping-off-greenway/

meanwhile, a few blocks over in North End cukooville.....

Long life discusted resident said:
What is this city coming to? What a disgrace a 120 foot 12 floor building. No affordable housing units not to mention they gave 60,000 to conserve the Rise Kennedy Greenway what a disgrace keep giving away the city.

12 story/140', directly next door to 9 and 11 story buildings, sandwiched between several ~500'~600' office towers.

Last edited:

Back