The Casco | 201 Federal Street | Portland

Catherine will have the answer. Even PWM was debating on whether to forego Gate 13 and number it 14 instead to help ease the superstitious concerns of the flying public. At last check, Paul is going with Gate 13.

I stayed in four different hotels last week, and not one of them had any rooms that ended in 13. For example, I was in Room 211 in the first hotel, and the room next door was 215. It prompted me to check the next three hotels, and sure enough, no rooms ending in 13.

I stayed in four different hotels last week, and not one of them had any rooms that ended in 13. For example, I was in Room 211 in the first hotel, and the room next door was 215. It prompted me to check the next three hotels, and sure enough, no rooms ending in 13.
For the Chinese, or so says my Gen Z friend from Beijing, their number "13" is the number "9" and they love "8". You can't please everyone.

How is “Aucocisco” pronounced by locals. Clearly designed as a way to identify out-of-towners.

0C1A2724-E3CA-4F31-A548-1AC6FCA9B453.jpeg
B1532F4E-DDC2-424D-8D0B-A25BA4558875.jpeg

How is “Aucocisco” pronounced by locals. Clearly designed as a way to identify out-of-towners.
I've only ever seen it in print, to be honest (at one time it was the name of an arts festival here), but I've gone with Aw-koh-SIS-koh.

EDIT: so does this school, and I'm guessing they asked someone who speaks Abenaki.

IMG_4628.jpeg

Paneling being added to the mechanical penthouse. I'm guessing that the illuminated AUCOSISCO sign will be centered on the brick extension just below the penthouse on both sides of the tower.

Last edited:

Back