The Clarendon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought what this building needed was some aluminum siding from Sears.

The rainy ones are from Saturday, and the night one was tonight:

img0328s.jpg

img0327io.jpg

They're starting to light up the crown

img0851y.jpg

That crown is coming together nicely!

Why the recent trend of all these lit crowns on top of the buildings? Oh right, the Mayor likes them.

Afraid I'm not as enthusiastic. I'd like to see some other approaches.

cool nite shot ,nice how they're lighting the crown as they go!

The sales personnel are holding to their demand of full asking price. Their rationale being that when the condo units first went on the market they sold at asking (they claim about 28 of them). Now, at least a year later, they have only sold about another 12 units. My question is this: With 67 units still unsold, is this typical real estate sales protocol?

Why the recent trend of all these lit crowns on top of the buildings? Oh right, the Mayor likes them.

Afraid I'm not as enthusiastic. I'd like to see some other approaches.

Didn't this city once fight to get rid of the crown? Architects used to think about the significance of things like this. I guess Menino being the new king wants his crowns.

I always thought what this building needed was some aluminum siding from Sears.

Thanks, that made me laugh!

Seriously, though - this crown is truly offensive. Even worse is the fact that it will be lit at night. This building is in my direct line of site from the living room and deck. Basking in the glow of it's crown all night will make me sick.

Obviously this building isn't going to win any 'amazing architecture' awards but I don't hate it.

PlanBoston - I wish I had a living room and deck in the Back Bay. At least now you have a night-light from that crown, eh?

not only that, they demolished an "old but not historic" (thats how many boston buildings get the wrecking ball, isn't it) building to put that thing up.

they could have avoided adding insult to injury if they just saved the facade.

Great pix! If these photos are untouched, you have a wonderful skill. You actually made a building that is architecturally inferior to it's neighbors appear complimentary to it's surroundings. It's too bad that reality doesn't equate to the visual balance that your talent created.

I've noticed the crown is getting close to being completely lit. I could see a good chunk of it last night from Memorial Drive.

This thread has ZERO pictures of the base. Im here to fix that. But a little of the top too

IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

Since when did we start making pedestrians yield to cars?
IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

Inside the little building
IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

What a small sidewalk
IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3012-1.jpg

These are new
IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

Please don't tell me those access driveways used to be real streets.

This thread has ZERO pictures of the base.

Im here to fix that.
Now that you've fixed that, it's not too hard to see why no one fixed it before.

Your photos are fine, jass; the reality they show ... maybe not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back