The Clarendon

Status
Not open for further replies.
early this morning on mass ave
011-9.jpg
and last nite from Dorchester
070-6.jpg
still try to learn how to take nite pixs!
077-2.jpg
093-2.jpg

Yes I like it at nite! now if the would re-lite the old hancock and do something more(lighting) with the top,that would be cool!

I didn't realize that the Old Hancock was de-lit! It was so beautiful when it was lit up at night! Speaking of lighting, I wish the Zakim was somewhat brighter at night...we were up at the Top of the Hub a few weeks ago and the Zakim could barely be seen.

Here are a couple of shots showing this one at street level:
4011221983_ed52f4170b_o.jpg

4011205275_9a42427fd7_o.jpg

I didn't realize that the Old Hancock was de-lit! It was so beautiful when it was lit up at night! Speaking of lighting, I wish the Zakim was somewhat brighter at night...we were up at the Top of the Hub a few weeks ago and the Zakim could barely be seen.

It wasn't de-lit as of a couple weeks ago. Probably a temporary glitch?

093-2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

that last picture shows that its not de-lit it was just the timing of the pictures because the lights arent constant.

It was'nt lite last Saturday nite around 9pm? today on the pike looks finnish
001-8.jpg
0011.jpg

i wasnt sure at first but i really like this building it has a boston feel to it and i love how the crown looks especially at night. It feels like a modern building with an old appeal to it.

I like this building. It fits in with the little cluster around the Old Hancock.

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3090.jpg

Wait, that's a crown? It looks like it's still under construction.

god this building is an abomination...

what the hell were they thinking?

it's like a giant poop with peanuts....

i like it. It doesn't look squat from certain angles.

If the glass cutouts were going up the corners instead of across the center I think maybe I'd like it.

Nice view. Too bad it only exists cause there's a strip mall there.

What is that huge camera thing on top of the pole?

This building works best at the street. I think it stands out quite poorly on the Back Bay skyline but causes for a good pedestrian interaction at Clarendon/Stuart St corner.

^ I think you're right. At street level and up close this building works quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back