The Clarendon

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - this ^^ is backwards: theirs is an overbearing monstrosity; I can't find one redeeming quality about it. Ours just has some detail issues.

I find the resemblance more with the NU International Village dorm than the Clarendon, albeit with different colors.

My wife and I popped into Post 390 again last night around 6:30 thinking it was early enough that there wouldn't be a wait. Wrong! The bar was 4 deep and the wait was already 2 hours long. Maybe it's just the novelty of a new place, but that restaurant is ALWAYS packed.

Two of The Clarendon. The second one is interesting (at least, I think so) because it's the reflection from the Hancock Tower.

Click here for big images:

clarendon1-225x300.jpg

hancock_clarendon-225x300.jpg

The first closing at The Clarendon was recorded at the Suffolk County Registry of Deeds, today. The buyer purchased a two-bed, two bath, 1,228+/- square foot home on the 15th-floor. The purchase price was $1,500,000 or approximately $1,221 per square foot.

That is such a dumb, unfinished looking crown. And I figured out what this reminds me of: the Southwest Towers at UMass Amherst.

^agreed.

I wonder if it is a wall around mechanicals, open on top.

today
130-4.jpg
peeking out along the Charles!
138-6.jpg

Last edited:
The first closing at The Clarendon was recorded at the Suffolk County Registry of Deeds, today. The buyer purchased a two-bed, two bath, 1,228+/- square foot home on the 15th-floor. The purchase price was $1,500,000 or approximately $1,221 per square foot.
Paid too much.

Maybe the selling point was that he'd be the only person in Back Bay to not have to look at the Clarendon.

Stern is a walking send-up of the Auteur Theory. Hard to believe the architect of 15 Central Park West laid this goose egg.

You can just hear him murmur: "Whatever you desire, sire."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back