The Clarendon

Status
Not open for further replies.
There could be HVAC or other chase in the corners if the floor to floor was too long to run it along the ceilings or below a raised floor. The floors with the enclosed corners look to have a lower floor to floor height than those glazed below. Perhaps once the upper levels are clad we can take a more educated guess. Unless someone has some interior renderings showing the corners and keyed to floor levels, which we could count from the exterior.

From 10-11-08

2937150717_9bc74ac2fc.jpg

Bad attempt at an artsy picture.

2938002428_5586a1ba46.jpg

2938002388_b5b5fbc6f0.jpg

Street level.

2937150601_30cf79dd34.jpg

2938002260_cecedb68d9.jpg

2937150515_8649422306.jpg

2937150477_59337c80f3.jpg

2938002134_b9a41543f8.jpg

2937150363_81386787f8.jpg

There could be HVAC or other chase in the corners if the floor to floor was too long to run it along the ceilings or below a raised floor. The floors with the enclosed corners look to have a lower floor to floor height than those glazed below. Perhaps once the upper levels are clad we can take a more educated guess. Unless someone has some interior renderings showing the corners and keyed to floor levels, which we could count from the exterior.

At what floors does this take place? I just took a look at the interior drawings, and each floor I opened up had usable space up to the corners. At the lower levels the south east corner was a large duct chase, but def. not all levels.

HVAC in residential buildings (all high rises really) rarely runs horizontal (at least no long runs), and is all run vertically in MANY vertical chases. Typically these are not on outer walls, and this building is no exception.

Not the most recent photo, but a different perspective taken from the MBTA Commuter Train heading outbound on 10/6/08:

2959608736_f6f9c71b21.jpg

I walked by this today and it is finally working on the final setback (at floor 30 out of 32 + crown). Unfortunately I don't bring my camera to work, but I wanted to point out that this sucker is taking its final form and will likely top out in a couple weeks.

I finally got a chance to go take pics today (first time in two months!), and what a perfect fall day it was. Anyway, this one looks like it's no more than a floor or two away from being topped out.

img1290oe1.jpg

img1292iu7.jpg

img1293xc3.jpg

img1295st0.jpg

img1296lx0.jpg

img1297co0.jpg

img1299ef2.jpg

img1301yj4.jpg

img1302sl5.jpg

img1303vc8.jpg

img1305ma6.jpg

img1306so9.jpg

img1307qp4.jpg

img1309bu8.jpg

img1320vf9.jpg

up up and away!

img1324db4.jpg

img1326vl2.jpg

img1327tb3.jpg

img1328iz6.jpg

From Stuart and Berkeley:

img1331sm7.jpg

img1330mx2.jpg

From Clarendon and Boylston:

img1334ug4.jpg

And the last one, from the NEMC garage (sorry about the dirt prints, but they're on the inside of the lens where I can't get at 'em.. grrr)

img1366jq7.jpg

Not one of Stern's best.

All in all, a fairly clumsy building.

at least the brick cladding is pretty nice for the Clarendon....unlike Province Street..which is that building's biggest flaw besides the black wall imo

This sure is starting to poke out in sight from Central Sq in Cambridge. My roommate and I were discussing it today. It will look rather odd to have something so close to the Hancock at night. I do like the idea of taller density starting to creep in though!

When I first saw the renderings of this tower I thought it looked like a LEGO building somehow: those terraces, the way the windows were designed..... kind of cool and different, but I really liked it.
And I'm actually thinking about having a 1bedroom there (or a large studio if they ask way too much money for it).
I like that building and I believe it looks great in that area!
No clue about pricing yet..... making an offer next week, good luck to me I guess.

I can't believe how fast this building is going up, and how lost is that "Columbus Center Project" and going nowhere so far.
We can blame whoevere we want and like to, but in that prime location and with the right people we supposed to have both tower rising together.
But we all know this is not what right things are about to happen sometimes.
I know, wrong thread.

And I'm actually thinking about having a 1bedroom there (or a large studio if they ask way too much money for it).
I like that building and I believe it looks great in that area!
No clue about pricing yet..... making an offer next week, good luck to me I guess.
QUOTE]

The studios are starting if I recall in the $600K range, 1bed's in the $700K range. I'm in the market for a 1bed of $600-650K and the agent there was pushing hard on me looking at there studios...

I believe they were in the realm of 450-550sq.ft for the studio. Way to small for the money. Amenities are amazing. I wouldnt have a problem paying this if I was still in Nyc but I'm not payin that kind of money in Boston.

Awful picture with the overexposed sunlight (i attempted to correct it but it just made it worse) . . . but it's a picture!

DSC_5859.jpg

Looks like they had to add a couple more segments to the tower crane to finish this off.

Awful picture with the overexposed sunlight (i attempted to correct it but it just made it worse) . . . but it's a picture!

DSC_5859.jpg

I rather like your picture. The texture of the sky and it's electric blue are reminicent of a Japanese woodblock print.

yeah, sure makes the sky look cool. this building will be a pleasant addition to the skyline, i never realized it would actually make an indent, but it actually fills the void of space around the hancock/pru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back