The Harlo (née Skanska Fenway Project (Burger King))| 1350 Boylston Street | Fenway

Re: Skanska Fenway Project (Burger King) | 1350 Boylston Street | Fenway

The landmark garage is upgrading their parking equipment and adding 2 additional travel lanes, which leads me to believe that project is on hold for the immediate future.

Why would I post today's screenshot from The Pierce's webcam here, instead of in the appropriate thread? Look closely.

Btw Pierce is just starting to form floor 26.

Capture by David Z, on Flickr

Thanks for calling me a troll - What I am is someone who knows something. It happens...and sometimes rumors end up being reality.

Speaking of Wegmans and the Landmark Center, what's the hold-up on the Landmark expansion?

fantastic question.

my answer (for the next 3 years) threatening 276 projects:

WYNN.

^^^^^

Thanks...and I'll redirect my question to Project X thread...sorry.

Imagine if the tower that will be built at the gas station is equal to or taller than the point. That would really be something special. It would be the new gateway to the city from rt 9. it already is and it looks incredible but they can make it even better.

Imagine if the tower that will be built at the gas station is equal to or taller than the point. That would really be something special. It would be the new gateway to the city from rt 9. it already is and it looks incredible but they can make it even better.

What gas station? There are three of them on this section of Boylston :D (hopefully that means three towers though I would understand if one of the gas stations was kept). Tasty Burger also has a surface parking lot behind it (fenway views are one possible problem though i'm sure they could angle the apartment so the views aren't noteworthy). There is also a surface parking lot behind tony c's though i'm sure that the Red Sox would work hard to block anything substantial there.

fenway views are one possible problem though i'm sure they could angle the apartment so the views aren't noteworthy

I don't understand why anyone actually thinks this is an issue. Red Sox ownership is not gonna give a shit if some multi-millionaire in a 30th story pent house can see into the park for free. What they would care about is a Wrigley situation but that's a totally different problem and not very likely at all except if some of the Landsdowne properties eventually get redeveloped.

More likely the Red Sox would be concerned about changing wind patterns around the park.

Great progress! Its flying now.

Yup. Boston has finally figured precast the fuck out and is officially killing it. Smooth sailing from here on out boys. The days of the kensington and waterside place are in the past. Were shifting away from white precast too it seems, and even then 45 stuart street got that right too. Avalon NST may be the last of an era. This reminds me of one greenway on the pieces done so far-which on that building came out incredible. This is shaping up to really be a special neighborhood...well even more so than before, and we still have plenty of room to go. 2nd to last pic is the definition of seamlessly extending the streetwall.

Friendly reminder that the ground floor is going to be very retail dense.

2013BCDCpresentation06_1350BoylstonBCDCA.jpg

Interesting difference between the coloring on the render and the actual precast. The render seems to be almost yellow with hints of orange, while the actual photos above look more reddish/brown.

Yup. Boston has finally figured precast the fuck out and is officially killing it. Smooth sailing from here on out boys. The days of the kensington and waterside place are in the past. Were shifting away from white precast too it seems, and even then 45 stuart street got that right too. Avalon NST may be the last of an era. This reminds me of one greenway on the pieces done so far-which on that building came out incredible. This is shaping up to really be a special neighborhood...well even more so than before, and we still have plenty of room to go. 2nd to last pic is the definition of seamlessly extending the streetwall.

Agreed, the precast is getting much much better in these newer buildings. They don't look VE'd.

Can anyone elaborate on the gas station deal being "done"? Is it the same owner as the Shaw's and are they going to redevelop that entire corner? I thought the Shaw's just did a pretty major renovation.

Back