The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

stick n move

Reaction score
Also moving the tower up and over to the corner of the base and continuing the facade down to ground level on the front and right sides of the base is a nice touch that could have been used to show the buildings true height and made the proportions look better, along with making it look taller with no actuall height added. Still I like the finished product overall.

stick n move

Reaction score
I love the retro checkerboard glass, intended to look like each square is made up of lots of smaller squares. Nice touch.

Also we keep waiting for more lit crowns, thankfully one is on the way here so theres going to be a new lit crown on the skyine soon. I hope it doesnt block the zipper LED up the side of North Station tower too much though, I really like it and it looks really good on the skyline. If both the light strip at NST and the lit crown here can be seen together it will be much better than crown only imo.

Last edited:

stick n move

Reaction score
I think it just went up, the N even looks all janky still. Due time grasshopper.

DZH22

Reaction score
This might not be the popular opinion around here but I actually think the sign should be bigger. State Street really shows how to do a good sign (we'll see on the next one...). This one feels too half-assed.

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
I'm cool with the sign. The Pan Am sign was iconic and helped make the building:

stick n move

Reaction score
From East Boston this actually is much taller than North Station tower. It doesnt block NST either which is good because at night the LED strip should still be visible. This is great because imo the LED strip on North Station tower is the coolest light feature on the night skyline. Its also nice to see that this end of the skyline has gained a nice little bit of height with the addition of these towers.

stick n move

Reaction score
The red check-mark is clearly visible in the photo you quoted.
Youre right, its just hard to see.

Also looking back at this render I just noticed it looks like theres a Verizon sign on the side of the mech crown too, never noticed that before.

Arenacale

Reaction score
Stick -- I'm sorely vexed -- it says Verizon -- but where is the ✔
I wonder if they should have gone with a slightly brighter red than the official corporate color to make it stand out more. The Verizon sponsored IndyCar uses a fluorescent red that is almost orange when you see it in person but comes out red in photos and on TV. It's an old trick carried over from Penske's prior Marlboro liveries which always used dayglo orange for that same reason.

Come to think of it, lit red stripes across the top and bottom of that crown would really help the look of it.