The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

BMW

Reaction score
That little green roofed building is probably prime candidate for demo in the next 20 to 30 years. It's not architecturally signifigant in any way and is sitting on some pretty prime real estate, especially once all the other towers are up around it. I'll be shocked if it makes it to 2050.
I heard a somewhat credible rumor that the city building behind this on Hawkins st may be up for redevelopment at some point. Not too sure because I think the shelter may be attached to this parcel.

Roxxma

Reaction score
That little green roofed building is probably prime candidate for demo in the next 20 to 30 years. It's not architecturally signifigant in any way and is sitting on some pretty prime real estate, especially once all the other towers are up around it. I'll be shocked if it makes it to 2050.
Are you talking about One Bowdoin Square? Nonsense. It's always been one of my favorite, and -along with another Gund building, the Boston Ballet- is probably one of the most significant pieces of postmodern architecture in Boston. It certainly gives some of Johnson's ridiculously tacky and overwrought late-career stuff (International Place, 500 Boylston, etc) a good run for their money.

chrisbrat

Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to say something like this ^^^. While I'm not a big fan of PoMo or One Bowdoin, in particular, I know more than a few who absolutely adore that building. In that it's considered by many to be an stellar example of a significant style/movement, it should be preserved just as the finer examples of Brutalism in Boston deserve to be considered worthy of appreciation.

whighlander

Reaction score

Life Coach Mike

Reaction score
This is turning out better than I had hoped. I love the industrial vibe and the Art Deco rounded glass corners. I know we all wish it were taller, more proportionate for its girth, but in the end I think it's working out due to its quirky design.

Czervik.Construction

Reaction score
I defs don't like the height and proportions of the office tower, but it seems so well executed and the materials look top-notch for a project like this. But above all of that, this thing really moves North Station forward as a destination, not just seedy stretch of road with a stadium and train station.

BeeLine

Staff member
Reaction score

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
I would've preferred deleting the bulge-outs and extending the square pattern and width/depth of the upper floors all the way down to the 8-story base. The loss of floor space could have been made up by expanding the width/depth of the tower a bit and extending its height. It would have been a much cleaner, sleeker tower with those changes.