The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

1584625743063.png
1584625620881.png
1584625692038.png

Oxblue updates

I think it just went up, the N even looks all janky still. Due time grasshopper.

This might not be the popular opinion around here but I actually think the sign should be bigger. State Street really shows how to do a good sign (we'll see on the next one...). This one feels too half-assed.

I'm cool with the sign. The Pan Am sign was iconic and helped make the building:

Pan-Am-Buidling-calendar-picture.png

From East Boston this actually is much taller than North Station tower. It doesnt block NST either which is good because at night the LED strip should still be visible. This is great because imo the LED strip on North Station tower is the coolest light feature on the night skyline. Its also nice to see that this end of the skyline has gained a nice little bit of height with the addition of these towers.

The red check-mark is clearly visible in the photo you quoted.

Youre right, its just hard to see.

Also looking back at this render I just noticed it looks like theres a Verizon sign on the side of the mech crown too, never noticed that before.
255MTTHNAMI6RGX2ROH2KBW5PY.jpg

Stick -- I'm sorely vexed -- it says Verizon -- but where is the ✔
I wonder if they should have gone with a slightly brighter red than the official corporate color to make it stand out more. The Verizon sponsored IndyCar uses a fluorescent red that is almost orange when you see it in person but comes out red in photos and on TV. It's an old trick carried over from Penske's prior Marlboro liveries which always used dayglo orange for that same reason.

Come to think of it, lit red stripes across the top and bottom of that crown would really help the look of it.

The red check-mark is clearly visible in the photo you quoted.
Chrisbrat -- it is visible when you expand the image to full screen and look carefully

I would hardly call that "clearly visible"

it 's about the same obviousness as the following [excluding the red] Verizon

Back