The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

IMG_3201.jpeg

^^^ A bit of a pillow indicates, to me, he's taking a bit of a snooze💤

How is the supermarket doing? Is it well patronized?

We were talking about the potential for "tower over supermarket" in Fenway, we should have cited Hub on Causeway as a place where people could see it was working (if it is, in fact, working)

We were talking about the potential for "tower over supermarket" in Fenway, we should have cited Hub on Causeway as a place where people could see it was working (if it is, in fact, working)

I've never been, but--purely anecdotally--all of the times I've ever been to the West End Whole Foods, I've always been struck by its massive volume of customers. I would think the Hub supermarket, then, would only have to capture relatively small amounts from there--as well as grabbing new transplants to the area, and others who never patronized the West End Whole Foods--to be pretty successful.

It's pretty well patronized. I'm there about once every week or so as it's one of the most convenient options for me between my office nearby and home (near Maverick). It was a lifesaver during the capacity limits of the pandemic as there were never lines, and there was always decent inventory. But now that people are returning to downtown, it has a pretty steady crowd. I see a lot of N. Station commuters stopping which was the intention from the start. My fiancee's office and her gym are a short distance from Roche Bros in DTX but we almost always go to Star. It's bigger, better stocked, and has better prices.

It seems to be doing well…but never seems overly busy because it is so large and spacious. Nice and very large selection of wicked pissah stuff. If things get too busy at checkout…they usually open another aisle quickly. Staff very nice! Ten percent off for seniors on the first Saturday of the month. 👍 Like it much better than the Roche Brothers. Many more residences coming online nearby soon…and more folks going back to offices…maybe busier soon.

Last edited:

Back