The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Lrfox

Reaction score
I went up to the Bunker Hill Monument yesterday for the first time in years. I’m amazed at how imposing The Hub, Alcott, and Avalon are from this vantage point. The picture doesn’t really capture the feel of the buildings looming like they do. I’m still torn on whether this is a good thing or not, but I’m leaning towards “no.”

FCBFFA32-A35A-420A-93A1-7003DCF96DD4.jpeg

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
I went up to the Bunker Hill Monument yesterday for the first time in years. I’m amazed at how imposing The Hub, Alcott, and Avalon are from this vantage point. The picture doesn’t really capture the feel of the buildings looming like they do. I’m still torn on whether this is a good thing or not, but I’m leaning towards “no.”

View attachment 14856
Maybe a bit of variability in the height of the three buildings would have lessened the monolithic effect.

real_EthanHunt

Reaction score
I love the juxtaposition.
its even more from the training field during the winter when the tress are bare.
'looming' people use as a negative, I think its a compliment.
It emphasizes the significance of having a historic neighborhood a quarter of a mile from the downtown of major metropolitan city. Beacon Hill is the same. Flat of the Hill in the foreground with Back Bay spine behind is an amazing view.

navigator4

Reaction score
I drove by this weekend and it looked like the Food Hall was imminent. Anyone have any T?

JohnJZ

Reaction score
I work in town and when I come into town on visits, I look at this building and I see yesterday's old bulky industrial age building versus today's modern sleek, and slender look. This is, of course, my opinion, and certainly, I have read a number of similar comments from other members. But between this building and the residential building, taller would have been so much better for both of the buildings given their location and impact on the skyline.

westend

Reaction score
I drove by this weekend and it looked like the Food Hall was imminent. Anyone have any T?
The food hall has been physically ready to open since April 2020. I am surprised it hasn't opened at all this summer, but I'm guessing there hasn't been enough foot traffic to warrant it open during week days for most vendors.

intellirock617

Reaction score
Walk by it every day wondering the same. The whole field office actually wonders too lol. I've been told by someone that their social media channels aren't exactly active. Hopefully things will work out in the end.

real_EthanHunt

Reaction score
from B&T on Aug 5th:
Operator Patina Restaurant Group will host a job fair Thursday for the 16,000-square-foot food court at The Hub on Causeway, which had been scheduled to open in 2020 but put on hold during the pandemic.
The Delaware North Co. subsidiary said it’s offering $1,000 bonuses and will be making immediate offers for eligible positions at the Hub Hall.
An opening date has not been announced. Patina Restaurant Group and the TD Garden did not immediately respond to requests for comment.